- Requisition # 2023-133561
- StatusPer Diem
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Community Outreach and Engagement Assistant assists with implementation of community outreach programs and events which may include, scheduling activities, transporting equipment and literature, set-up and break-down of exhibits/tables, registration of guests, dissemination of health information and literature, and other duties as assigned. Coordinate and/or conduct community health education programs as required.
A day in the life of a Community Outreach and Engagement Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assists at Community Outreach Events: Pack and transport equipment, literature and supplies, set-up and break-down of exhibits/tables, welcome/greet guests, guest registration, dissemination of health information and literature, other duties as assigned. Utilize technology as required to perform duties.
- Community Outreach Programming: Schedule, coordinate or facilitate community health education programs and special events. Ensure all logistics are completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner. Host physicians or other health professionals by providing assistance setting up presentation, disseminating literature or other information, operating audio/visual equipment, presenting welcome, introductions and housekeeping items. Learn, operate and trouble shoot all conference and education center equipment including audio/visual system, video conferencing, lighting, wifi, message boards, etc.
- Conduct Health Education Programs: Conduct or facilitate health education programs according to approved curriculum. Learn, operate and trouble shoot all conference and education center equipment including audio/visual system, video conferencing, lighting, wifi, message boards, etc.
- Articulate the mission, vision and values of HMH as well as programs, services and resources available through the health system.
- Data collection and reporting: Timely and accurate collection of data on participant consent forms, program evaluation forms and other data collection tools as required. May include contacting participants via phone or other means to collect applicable survey data for tracking and measuring program success. Follows all applicable policies and procedures. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Community Outreach Networking: Maintain positive relationships with community organizations (churches, community groups, schools, etc.) in order to schedule events and provide community health education and screenings.
- Drive mobile van: Drive 32 mobile health vehicle. Pick up vehicle at garage, perform inspection prior to use, keep vehicle clean and neat, get gas as needed, follow all standard operating procedures.
- Adheres to HMH's Organizational and Managerial competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
- Driver's license and transportation.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Bilingual (Spanish).
- Community-based experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Ob/Gyn Physician - Deal LakeHMHMG SPECIALTY CARE 570 Asbury Park, New Jersey
Medical Receptionist- Oncology (Physician Practice)HMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Youth Residential Technician- Psychiatric Unit- Belle Mead - PT/NightsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Youth Residential Technician- Belle Mead- FTHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.