- Requisition # 2023-136210
- StatusPart-time with Benefits
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs a variety of technical procedures, image acquisition and the utilization of radionuclides for the diagnosis and therapy of disease.
A day in the life of a Nuclear Medicine Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performs radionuclide procedures on patients inclusive of organ imaging, function studies, and assisting the physician in the therapeutic use of radioisotopes under prescribed safety conditions.
- Selects and operates Nuclear Medicine equipment as directed.
- Provides radiation protection for self and the patient in accordance with prescribed safety.
- Prepares and administers radiopharmaceuticals to the patient.
- Prepares radioactive tracer compounds for patient use.
- Calibrates equipment and assays radionuclides.
- Receives and inspects radiopharmaceutical packages according to state and NRC guidelines.
- Maintains adequate records of radioisotope receipt, use, storage, and disposal in accordance with state and federal regulations governing the accountability for radioactive materials; maintains other records as directed.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness including provisions for contamination-free conditions of room, equipment, and personnel.
- Follows all NRC, State DEP, JCAHO guidelines/practices.
- Evaluates images using PACS workstation to make certain that images contain proper identification and are of diagnostic value.
- Rotates work assignments as needed in Nuclear Cardiology and PET/CT.
- Performs required daily clerical duties, which include the use of EPIC, PACS, Teletracking System, Nuclear Medicine Information System, patient scheduling and computer processing associated with patient studies.
- Responsible for scheduled shifts including holidays and weekends.
- Overtime as needed to provide continual quality patient care.
- On call assignments as needed per Department of Radiology policy.
- Greets all patients when they arrive for their exam utilizing A.I.D.E.T. standards.
- Adheres to the policies of Employee ID, Standards of Behavior, Attendance, and Punctuality.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communication with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an approved School of Nuclear Medicine Technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Minimum of one year of Nuclear Medicine experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification or Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist.
- Nuclear Medical Technologist License.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
- Regular contact with medical personnel and its visitors.
- Lifts a minimum of 25 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 6 hours a day.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Medical Assistant-Oncology Medical SpecialistHMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Security Officer- FTHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Intake Specialist- Per Diem- EveningHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
House Supervisor- Behavioral Health- P/T, E/O WeekendHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.