About Hackensack Meridian Health
Hackensack Meridian Health nurses care for patients and their families at every stage of life, 24 hours a day, at bedsides in 9 community hospitals, 4 academic medical centers, a behavioral health hospital, 2 children's hospitals, 2 rehabilitation hospitals, medical offices, and care facilities across the state.
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
Hackensack Meridian Health is one of the most recognized health care networks in the country for nursing excellence with 7 Magnet designations. In joining our nursing team, you'll work with collaborative colleagues, who are pushing each other - and patient care - to keep getting better.
What makes a successful Clinical Educator - Operating Room - F/T Days at Hackensack Meridian Health? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Requisition # 2023-128941
- Shift Day
- Status Full Time with Benefits
The Clinical Nurse Educator is a Registered Professional Nurse who is responsible for orientation, continued education and development of nursing team in an assigned area to promote educational outcomes that are consistent with the goals of the department and the organization.
1. Assess all aspects of the educational process, including the assessment of team learning needs, development of curricula to meet these needs, implementation of educational programs/ offerings, and the outcomes of such programs/ offerings.
2. Plans and implements the orientation and continuing education programs for each level of Nursing personnel that are consistent with the philosophy and objectives of Nursing.
3. Creates programs and implements practice standards that promote an environment within the organization that strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
4. Develops, reviews, and revises nursing procedures, both directly and on a consultation basis, teaching records, performance checklists, orientation competency maps, patient education materials, etc., as they relate to staff/patient education, including incorporating same into orientation and all applicable continuing education.
5. Delivers educational offerings based on adult education learning principles.
6. Monitors educational outcomes through Performance Improvement (PI) activities, reviews PI data results, develops educational programs based on Performance Improvement data results, implements performance improvement activities as they relate to the specific focus team structures developed within the Department of Nursing Education, i.e. (Emergency department, Critical Care, Periop services, Medical- Surgical, Telemetry, Pediatrics, Women and Children).
7. Assure all team members education are up-to-date and proper records are maintained.
8. Communicates progress and clinical performance to the Nurse Manager(s) as appropriate.
9. Provide direct oversight of Registered Nurses, Patient Care Technicians and Nurse Residents and other team members specific to the area of practice while on orientation status; including monitoring of progress, scheduling, clinical skills, interpersonal skills and on an ongoing basis.
10. Assists Nurse Manager(s), Assistant Nurse Managers, and Clinical Educators in planning and presenting continuing education programs/ courses.
11. Serves as the expert clinician and role model; identifies, develops and assists in the implementation of current practice standards and the nursing care standards at JFK University Medical Center and the Hackensack Meridian Health Network.
12. Assists in annual review of mandatory education and core competencies based on the requirements of NJDOH, JCAHO and HMH.
13. Promotes knowledge of and compliance with regulatory requirements related to Patient Safety.
14. Remediates team in identified areas of knowledge and skill deficit.
15. Serves as a representative on the Nursing, Quality and Policy committees and councils.
16. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
17. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree in Nursing required.
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience in the area of specialty.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Master's degree in Nursing or Master's degree in Nursing Education or PhD or DNP or Certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS).
2. Minimum of 1 year experience as a classroom instructor in either a hospital professional development department or a school of professional nursing.
3. Experience with curriculum development, evaluative methods, and contact hour application.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
3. Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification based on the specialty.
4. Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification based on the specialty.
5. Neonatal Resuscitation Program based on the specialty.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
collaborative work environment
compassionate nursing culture
substantial tuition reimbursement
Gossar Assistant Nurse Manager, Critical Care Unit
Southern Ocean Medical Center
To be a newer nurse and become an assistant manager of a critical care unit speaks to the opportunities Hackensack Meridian Health can provide. Also, the teamwork and team members I have been exposed to here are second to none."
NURSING ANNUAL REPORT
Check out our latest Nursing Annual Report to learn more about the achievements of our nursing team.
Nursing with us
Be part of an exceptional and nationally recognized network, where nurses are ready to provide the care patients need to keep getting better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health, our integrated nursing team is ready to provide the highest level of care each and every day.
Our event opportunities allow teammates alternate ways of meeting and collaborating, which builds a sense of belonging.
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Medical Assistant-Oncology Medical SpecialistHMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Security Officer- FTHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Intake Specialist- Per Diem- EveningHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
House Supervisor- Behavioral Health- P/T, E/O WeekendHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.