About Hackensack Meridian Health
Hackensack Meridian Health nurses care for patients and their families at every stage of life, 24 hours a day, at bedsides in 9 community hospitals, 4 academic medical centers, a behavioral health hospital, 2 children's hospitals, 2 rehabilitation hospitals, medical offices, and care facilities across the state.
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
Hackensack Meridian Health is one of the most recognized health care networks in the country for nursing excellence with 7 Magnet designations. In joining our nursing team, you'll work with collaborative colleagues, who are pushing each other - and patient care - to keep getting better.
What makes a successful Assistant Nurse Manager - Pediatric Emergency Department - F/T Evenings at Hackensack Meridian Health? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Requisition # 2023-132338
- Shift Evening
- Status Full Time with Benefits
The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) is a professional, registered nurse who is a skilled communicator, collaborator and authentic leader. The ANM supports the organization in the execution of the nursing strategic plan and priorities. The ANM actively participates in unit and hospital decision-making and provides meaningful recognition to others. The ANM provides operational and administrative support to Nurse leadership. This position effectively coordinates staffing, supports throughput, quality and safety outcomes, staff competency, hiring, clinical and staff corrective actions, unit efficiency, quality care and other departmental activities to support the mission, vision and values of Hackensack Meridian Health. The ANM, in collaboration with the Nurse Manager, assesses, plans, implements, monitors and evaluates nursing practice and the nursing care delivery system with direct supervision of front-line staff.
Leadership/Human Resource Management: In collaboration with the Nurse Manager, the ANM:
1. Participate with recruitment and retention strategies.
2. Assist with unit huddles and leader rounding with employees.
3. Participates with unit goal creation which are reflective of the hospital goals as well as the mission and vision of Hackensack Meridian Health.
4. Participate or lead when appropriate: evidenced-based practice projects or research.
5. Participate or lead when appropriate: unit-based or hospital based shared governance committees or councils.
6. Resolve conflicts and facilitates constructive resolutions and positive outcomes if possible.
7. Complete employee corrective action plans/counseling as necessary.
8. Adhere to HMH's Organizational and Managerial competencies and standards of behavior.
9. Prepare and conduct periodic performance evaluations to assigned staff members.
10. Contribute to and/or monitors the unit orientation process of all roles as necessary.
11. Participate with and models the importance of employee recognition.
12. Model cultural competence, social justice and fairness, and capitalizes on generational diversity to foster highly effective work groups.
13. Where applicable, escalates nursing labor/management issues.
Financial Management: The ANM collaborates with the Nurse Manager for efficient fiscal management of departmental activities to ensure proper utilization of hospital resources:
1. Participates in Payroll, Staff Scheduling and daily staffing needs.
2. Assists in the management of the department budget. Monitors business intelligence for the unit.
3. Maximizes care efficiency and throughput.
4. Understands the relationship between value-based purchasing and quality outcomes with revenue and reimbursement.
5. Monitors unit staffing productivity and flexes staff accordingly.
Quality and Safety/Performance Improvement: In collaboration with the Nurse Manager, the ANM will:
1. Optimize the patient and family experience of care.
2. Lead Multidisciplinary Rounds.
3. Ensure unit-based performance improvement monitoring is completed, trended and reported internal and external to the unit.
4. Lead or participates with quality improvement projects.
5. Lead or conducts root cause analysis investigations.
6. Assure unit regulatory compliance.
7. Participate in staff education and competency.
8. Serve as a role model to others and mentor new employees and new Charge RNs.
General Job Functions:
1. Interprets, supports, and communicates policies, standards and procedures.
2. Serves as a role model for staff in all aspects of nursing (i.e. professionalism, quality care).
3. Assists in identifying cost containment measures by identifying alternative measures of product utilization within the department.
4. Serves on-call based on unit requirements.
5. Assumes special projects as assigned.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by leadership.
7. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required.
2. Minimum 3 years recent nursing experience in respective specialty or equivalent. Exceptions may be made for internal candidates on a case by case basis (i.e. the candidate has a history of hospital administration education/experience).
3. The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
4. National Certification acceptable to the Magnet Recognition Program and appropriate to your current specialty (within two years of hire).
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
2. Supervisory or charge nurse experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
collaborative work environment
compassionate nursing culture
substantial tuition reimbursement
Gossar Assistant Nurse Manager, Critical Care Unit
Southern Ocean Medical Center
To be a newer nurse and become an assistant manager of a critical care unit speaks to the opportunities Hackensack Meridian Health can provide. Also, the teamwork and team members I have been exposed to here are second to none."
NURSING ANNUAL REPORT
Check out our latest Nursing Annual Report to learn more about the achievements of our nursing team.
Nursing with us
Be part of an exceptional and nationally recognized network, where nurses are ready to provide the care patients need to keep getting better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health, our integrated nursing team is ready to provide the highest level of care each and every day.
Our event opportunities allow teammates alternate ways of meeting and collaborating, which builds a sense of belonging.
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Medical Assistant-Oncology Medical SpecialistHMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Case Manager (East Mountain Youth Lodge) - Full TimeHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Registered Nurse- Behavioral Health- Acute Care Unit- P/T with benefits NightsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Registered Nurse - Carrier Clinic- Per Diem, EveningsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.