RN Nurse Manager- Home Care-Hospice- Woodland- F/T
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home and hospice care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Visiting Health Services of New Jersey (VHSNJ), a partnership between Hackensack Meridian Health and St. Joseph's Health, provides a comprehensive continuum of home health care and hospice services, support, and resources to patients and families in Passaic, Bergen, and parts of Morris counties. The VHSNJ multi-disciplinary clinical and support teams provide high quality care to patient’s where they most want to be-in their homes.
At Visiting Health Services of New Jersey and Hackensack Meridian Health, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
A day in the life of a Hospice Nurse Manager at Hackensack Meridian Home Care includes:
- Responsible for the development, management and administration of all aspects of the home care and hospice programs, assuring quality of care consistent with regulatory, compliance and organization policy.
- Plan, organize and direct clinical staff in the delivery of quality care in conformance with regulations, organization standards and licensing requirements.
- Assure that client/staff are matched to needs and clinician skills. Ensure staffing is adequate to meet client needs. Manage and review territories on a regular basis.
- Perform/ensure continuing review of charts, clinical staff visit slips, and time documentation for conformance to regulations, organization standards and licensing requirements. Ensure that assessment, documentation and discharge summaries are in compliance with regulatory body requirements.
- Remain available to clinical staff after hours for concerns/questions.
- Assure consistent and effective communication with clients and families.
- Recognize patient/client grievances and interact appropriately with customer in a constructive manner. Assure customer satisfaction is at or above benchmarks.
- Assure MCP and Clinical staff meetings are conducted regularly.. Recognize and respond to team member issues/concerns. Interact professionally with team member to resolve issues.
- Participate in quarterly Performance Improvement committee meetings. Gather and trend data. Measure indicators. Successfully implement action plans.
- Oversee clinical record review (CRR), summarize CRR data quarterly and as needed. Complete and evaluate trending reports, infection control, occurrence reports, client complaints, etc. Perform and ensure ongoing performance improvement activities. Oversee QAPI program. Responsible for the completion and evaluation of ongoing QAPI projects.
- Work with Senior Director/Clinical Director to ensure organization meets financial goals. Ensure that PPS matrix is at or below benchmarks. Ensure that clinical staff maintain appropriate frequencies for correct billing and reimbursement. Control supply costs to meet utilization benchmarks.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. Adheres to HMH¿s Organizational and Managerial competencies and standards of behavior. Lifts a minimum of 30 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 30 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Five (5) to Seven (7) Years Homecare / Hospice Experience
- Three (3) to Five (5) Years Management Experienced
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Educations,Knowledge and Skills Preferred:
- Master's Degree
License and Certifications Required:
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.