RN Manager of Clinical Practice_ Hospice- Woodland Park F/T
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home and hospice care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Visiting Health Services of New Jersey (VHSNJ), a partnership between Hackensack Meridian Health and St. Joseph's Health, provides a comprehensive continuum of home health care and hospice services, support, and resources to patients and families in Passaic, Bergen, and parts of Morris counties. The VHSNJ multi-disciplinary clinical and support teams provide high quality care to patient’s where they most want to be-in their homes.
At Visiting Health Services of New Jersey and Hackensack Meridian Health, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
A day in the life of a Manager of Clincal Practice includes:
- Responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of the physicians plan of treatment. Supervises and manages clinical staff and appropriate support staff. Ensure ongoing performance improvement activity.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the physicians plan of treatment. Assure services are in compliance with physician orders. Assure plan of treatment is received within regulatory time frames and re-certifications are timely, complete, and accurate.
- Conduct regular case conferences/team meetings with staff. Keep staff informed. Perform supervisory visits within organization and regulatory requirements. Match client with staff according to needs, territories, client loads and clinical skills.
- Participate with recruitment and orientation of staff. Assure appropriate staffing. Maintain vacancy and turnover metrics at established goals.
Perform regular review of client records to assure care is appropriate. Assure that documentation supports care delivered. Manage daily operation of business through use of report library in appropriate system.
- Meet the needs of the staff (e.g. educational, training, reinforcements). Support staff¿s understanding of nursing standards, regulatory policies and organization policies. Assure staff are compliant with all mandatory in-services.
- Perform and ensure ongoing performance improvement activities. Assure that Performance Improvement (PI) indicators are measured quarterly and action plans are successfully implemented. Complete clinical record review and trending reports. Maintain infection logs and incident reports.
- . Maintain a relationship with referral sources, community, patients, families, and subcontractors. Process and investigate complaints per organization policy. Review complaint logs on a quarterly basis and utilize to develop appropriate resolution. Respond to referral sources in a timely and effective manner. Assure customer satisfaction is at or above benchmark.
Financially ensure appropriate payors are identified and billed within regulatory time frames. Obtain authorizations for visits. Assure frequency/duration are correct and match 485 form. Bill supplies appropriately. Assure PPS matrix report is within benchmarks.
- Recognize patient/client grievances and interact appropriately with the customer in a constructive way. Assure customer satisfaction is at or above benchmarks.
Recognize team member issues/concerns and respond and interact professionally with team member to resolve issue/concerns. Assure turnover rates is above or below benchmark.
Prepare appropriate materials for team meetings and conduct team meeting in the absence of Nurse Manager.
- Remain available to clinicians after hours for concerns/questions.
Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMHs Organizational and Managerial competencies and standards of behavior.
Lifts a minimum of 50 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day
1. Three (3) to Five (5) Years RN Experience
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
1. NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
1. BSN in progress and/or willing to acquire within three (3) years of hire
2. Masters Degree
3. Two (2) to (3) Years Management Experience
4. Home care Experience
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.