Registered Nurse-Triage-Home Care-Hospice-Woodland Park-Per Diem
How have you impacted someone’s life today?
At Hackensack Meridian Health, our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Visiting Health Services of New Jersey (VHSNJ), a partnership between Hackensack Meridian Health and St. Joseph's Health, provides a comprehensive continuum of home health care and hospice services, support, and resources to patients and families in Passaic, Bergen, and parts of Morris counties. The VHSNJ multi-disciplinary clinical and support teams provide high quality care to patient’s where they most want to be-in their homes.
At Visiting Health Services of New Jersey and Hackensack Meridian Health, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
Responsible for the rendering professional nursing care to patients in their home by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating home nursing care needs on individual and continuing basis of assigned patients in keeping with agency policies and procedures and external regulations. Responsible for the on-call oversight. Functions as a clinical resource for weekend staff (in clinical operations and intake). Accountable for clinically complete referrals initiated and operations by intake team members and processes all assigned referrals efficiently and accurately.
- Adherence to Physician's Orders: Properly complies with appropriate physician orders within a timely manner. Visit frequency follows MD orders. Documentation reflects compliance with physician's orders and addresses progression to goals being met at discharge.
- Clinical Decision Making - Assure clinical judgments and critical thinking reflect professional standards of care and codes of ethics which provide for safe and effective patient outcomes. Appropriately document clinical decisions through appropriate system.
- Patient Care Management: Assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation of patient care are reflective of policy, procedure, and standard of care. Demonstrates the ability to care for a patient and significant other in a holistic manner. Provides safe patient care. Demonstrates knowledge and competency in completing assigned treatments and procedures according to established standards and policies. Utilizes interdisciplinary team and accurately documents all activities.
- Triage of calls: Calls are triaged appropriately. Clinical intervention is implemented when appropriate.
- Problem Solving - Report patient care problems to manager or appropriate nursing management personnel and/or physician in a timely manner with possible solutions. Assure documentation indicates case communication. Appropriately utilize manager as a resource.
- Documentation Compliance: Documentation of assessment, interventions and planning meet agency timelines. Completes nursing assessment, medication reconciliation and collaborates with physician on Plan of Care. Updates care plan within 2 week period of change in patient status. Documentation in medical chart demonstrates knowledge of current practices guidelines.
- Team Member Coordination - Act as liaison among physician, Manager of Clinical Practice and other members of the health care team to ensure effective coordination and appropriate resource referrals. Assure that coordination of services is effective and meets clientÂ¿s needs.
- Team Member Communication -Communicate pertinent patient information and Plan of Care during transfers of patient care loads, either on a daily basis or whenever vacation days/time-off are scheduled.
- Continuing Education - Maintain awareness of new/updated standards and incorporate these into nursing practice throughout continuum of care. Assure documentation in the medical chart demonstrates knowledge of current practicesÂ¿ guidelines.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 1. Associates Degree in Nursing
- 2. Six (6) Months or More RN Experience
- 3. PC Experience/Skills
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Strong sense of accountability, exceptional focus, teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service, based on a strong sense of patient focus.
- BSN License
- 1. NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.