Prenatal OB Coordinator - (Physician Practice)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Prenatal Coordinator provides care under the supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager for the Obstetrical patients of the practice. Serves as a liaison between the patients and provider. Performs other clerical duties as requested.
A day in the life of a Prenatal OB Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Meets with all Prenatal Patients at their Initial Visit discussing all lab testing as well as Maternal Fetal Medicine testing and ultrasounds
- Ensures Initial Prenatal Bloodwork is completed
- Tracks all Integrated Screen bloodwork
- Contacts patients with test results
- Assists providers during routine obstetrical office visits as needed
- Provides information for Rhogam injection and administration
- Provides vaccine education in pregnancy
- Provides nutrition in pregnancy
- Coordinates care for Gestational Diabetics (i.e., provides Rx for glucometer, provides contact information for nutritional counselling and confirms appointment with Maternal Fetal Medicine physician)
- Coordinates care and monitors charts timely injections for patients with history of preterm delivery
- Acts as liaison between patient and provider to prenatal questions.
- Schedules all inductions, C sections and Suction D&C’s with labor and delivery nurses
- Sets up home health care for patients who are hyperemic or need wound care
- Responsible for weekly EDC report, tracking anticipated and actual deliveries for the practice.
- Completes all disability/FMLA paperwork
- Educates other Medical Assistants in the practice on Obstetrics
- Back up to GYN Coordinator when she is not in the office
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Strong experience in OB required
- CMA, LPN or Relevant Other Clinical Licensure will be considered
- Experience with EMR a plus.
- CPR certification
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.