Supervisor- Internal Medicine (Physician Practice)
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
The Supervisor provides coverage and support, under the direction of the Director and physician(s) of the practice, coordinates and supervises clerical and/or clinical team members when assigned including but not limited to, scheduling, registration, billing, collection, patient and team member satisfaction, and purchasing. Serves as liaison between the practice and the administration to ensure continuity of care for patients and to provide an optimal patient experience.
A day in the life of a Supervisor at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prepares schedule for office for the month; ensures adequate coverage for all practice hours.
- Assists Director with the recruitment, supervision of certified medical assistance (CMAs) regarding adherence to policies and quality of work.
- Assists the Director with performance appraisals of CMAs.
- Collects, tabulates, and analyzes, from all clinicians, monthly statistics of productivity that is inclusive of revenue, patient volumes, and expenses.
- Maintains adequate timekeeping and schedules in PeopleSoft - MyWay for all employees
- Prepares weekend schedule for practice/clinical operational hours.
- Ensures and coaches the team in delivering excellent customer service resulting in positive patient satisfaction scores for department/physician services.
- Develops and enforces team member work assignments and maintains masterwork schedules.
- Ensures that the daily collection of money is stored safely according to practice protocol.
- Monitors the flow of patients within the office and ensures that team members and patients are aware of delays.
- Works with Director in cascading and implementing goals and objectives.
- Ensures that key functions are completed timely and accurately, and priorities are completed daily, including accurate data entry of demographic information, charge and payment posting, and end-of-day procedures.
- Keeps abreast of reimbursement procedures and insurance requirements and regulations and communicates necessary information to team members.
- Serves as a liaison between the Director, the providers, and the team members.
- Coordinates activities between the clinical and clerical teams to promote teamwork, and facilitate intra-office communication and problem-solving.
- Ensures the office has adequate inventory while monitoring purchases to ensure approved vendors are utilized and orders remain within budget parameters.
- Assists Director with addressing facility issues through coordination of property work orders and repairs as needed.
- Follow appropriate protocol for engaging vendors services with regards to establishing proper purchase orders, reviewing monthly invoices and timely payments has been processed
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Standing, Walking and/or continuously moving around.
- Kneeling stooping, crouching, crawling or working in other unusual physical positions.
- Climbing (including step stools and/or stairs) or balancing
- Stretching and/or reaching to retrieve/replace objects
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, and/or carrying heavy objects (20 lbs. or more) without aid of physical devices.
- Dexterity and eye-hand coordination to perform activities that involve holding, positioning, manipulating, typing (keyboarding or data entry), etc.
- Visual ability to monitor instruments and computers, distinguish characters (letters, numbers, etc.) recognize colors, observe physical characteristics, etc.
- Hearing ability to recognize sounds, sound patterns, and/or other auditory stimuli.
- Physical ability to react/respond quickly in emergencies, including life-threatening situations.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience within a medical office and/or health system.
- Must be experienced in reconciling account information
- Moderate understanding of inventory
- Computer skills including data entry, spreadsheets, etc.
- Excellent communication skills; leadership abilities, positive attitude, ability to multitask, organized and flexibility.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Prefer 2-5 years of billing, coding, and collections experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- EMR experience preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.