Volunteer Program Supervisor, Hospice
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
For further rewards offered, please visit www.TEAMHMH.COM
Plan, organize and direct the work of staff including the selection, training, support and supervision of qualified individuals to enhance Hospice patient/family care. Responsible for the development and overall management of the Hospice Volunteer Program
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):• Serve as a resource person to volunteers regarding difficult or unusual problems. Review and discuss problem cases. Conduct Volunteer Support meetings on a monthly basis to support volunteer staff.Teach new skills using accepted guidelines that are necessary for the implementation of unit or departmental services.
• Plan and implement the volunteer training course and in-service.
• Monitor staff documentation to assure it is accurate, timely and meets all regulatory requirements.
• Write policies and procedures and protocols for Volunteer Department. Assure compliance with the Hospice Medicare Conditions of Participation regarding the utilization of volunteers. Oversee monthly statistical sheets. On a monthly and quarterly basis maintain accurate documentation of volunteers assigned including documentation of hours served
• Attend weekly team meetings to assure that volunteers are utilized as an integral part of the interdisciplinary team. Encourage volunteers to attend to report their own cases.
• Recognize grievance situations; interact with customers in a constructive manner and direct calls to Clinical Supervisor. Log all complaints when received.
• Schedule and assign volunteers to newly admitted patient/family utilizing input from the Interdisciplinary Team.
• Attend external Hospice organization meetings and events and network with other Volunteers/Coordinators.
• Supervise all volunteers annually. Supervise Assistant Volunteer Coordinators located in the Hospice North/South Offices.
• Increase the use of alternative therapy programs by working with Sales, Referral Source and Interdisciplinary Team. Oversee and recruit for dog therapy, music therapy and Reiki.
• Implement new programs that will help the Hospice Program provide better care for patients and families by using volunteers.
• Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Associate’s Degree
Two (2) to Four (4) Years Supervisor ExperienceKnowledge, Education and Skills
- 1. Hospice Experience
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.