How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Tax Analyst supports the preparation of a variety of tax related documents, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable guidelines and regulations across the Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) network. This position is expected to support all HMH team members with appropriate HMH tax related questions. Performs work under general supervision. Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
1. Assist with the preparation of Federal and State tax returns and related financial analysis for all HMH organizations including: public charity filings, and property tax filings such as; Chapter 91 requests, further statements and annual statements of income and expenses.
2. Conducts research as requested/required for correspondence with IRS and State inquiries.
3. Assist with post-issuance tax-exempt bond compliance, annual surveys and walk-throughs of HMH bond financed facilities, and associated tax regulations including unrelated business income.
4. Assist with the preparation of tax forms such as W-9 and ST-5.
5. Perform research to stay current on a latest tax preparation practices and regulations.
6. Responds to tax inquiries from any segment of HMH.
7. Assist with compiling documentation for federal and state tax audits.
8. Assist with preparing tax correspondence with various taxing agencies.
9. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
10. Adheres to the HMH's Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's level degree in Accounting.
2. A minimum of 1 or more years of experience in tax, general accounting or other related area.
3. Ability to multitask, detail oriented and organized.
4. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast paced and changing environment.
5. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA candidate & obtained within 1 year of hire.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.