Strategic Events Officer
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Strategic Events, the Strategic Events Officer manages logistics for fundraising, cultivation and stewardship events. Responsible for committee management, timetables and action plans, printed materials, correspondence, event setup and achievement of event-related goals. Works with vendors, volunteers, hospital and foundation team members and community partners.
Essential Generic Job Functions:
1. Responsible for planning and executing logistics for system-wide and campus-based fundraising, cultivation and stewardship events to achieve event-based budget, donor and attendee goals. This may include but is not limited to golf outings, receptions, small dinners, and other events in donors homes, in hospitals or in unique venues in the community.
2. Provide critical assistance for fundraising events presently under the management of the Executive Director of Strategic Events.
3. Manage all event logistics, including developing event timetables and action plans; preparing accurate correspondence, letters and reports; working with vendors and developing all printed materials and collateral for each event. Ensure materials are accurate and in compliance with brand guidelines.
4. Manage committees and volunteers for events, including coordinating committee meetings, agendas, reports and correspondence; regularly communicating with the committee leadership; managing committee meetings and guiding volunteers in fundraising efforts.
5. Handle event set-up on the day of each function, which often requires working outside regular business hours.
6. Work with Executive Director of Strategic Events and hospital or network leaders to identify and solicit corporate sponsorships.
7. Liaise with colleagues in the research department on event briefings and prospect identification.
8. Partner with development team for each campus and other centralized foundation services to ensure implementation of strategic cultivation and stewardship goals.
9. Make arrangements for meetings, conferences, and seminars including sending notices and making follow-up calls to attendees.
10. Serve as a liaison to the community, maintaining strong and supportive relationships with trustees, committee members and donors, which includes representing the Foundation at various community events.
11. Coordinate auction logistics for the events that they manage using the BidPal system.
12. Provide information to the risk and legal team for assigned events.
13. During high volume time periods, assume responsibility for inputting data in tracking spreadsheets and the Raisers Edge Event Module.
14. Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelors level degree in related field.
- 1-3 years of professional event planning experience.
- Ability to work night and weekend hours as needed for events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent multitasking, time management, customer service and problem solving skills.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Experience in a healthcare fundraising setting at a large multi-hospital system.
- Experience with development/fundraising events in a healthcare setting.
- Experience working with Raisers’ Edge, RE NXT and BidPal.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.