Social Worker II Hospice
Responsible for rendering professional social work services to patients in their home through assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of the social and emotional needs of patients in accordance with organization policies and procedures applicable to social work standards and governmental laws and requirements within the scope of medical home care.
- Compliance – Maintain standards of social work practice in accordance with NJ Department of Health requirements, NJ Social Work Code of Ethics, The Joint Commission and organization policies and procedures.
- Professional Standards Compliance – Assure professional standards of care and practice that provide for safe and effective patient outcomes is reflected in clinical judgments/critical thinking. Assure clinical judgment reflects professional standards through documentation and case conferencing with team.
- Case Assessment – Perform initial psychosocial and bereavement assessment of patients that assists the interdisciplinary team’s plan of care and treatment goals. Assure plan is received and updated as needed. Assure that risk factors and treatment goals are documented.
- Instruction of Patients and Families – Instruct and counsel patients/families in treating and coping with social and emotional responses related to recovery and/or terminal needs.
- Patient Counseling – Provide counseling to patients utilizing appropriate methodologies based upon the social and emotional needs of the patient. Interventions are documented and are consistent with social and emotional needs of patient/family.
- Documentation Compliance – Assure documentation of assessment, interventions and planning meet organization timelines. Assure psychosocial evaluation is completed within 48 hours of referral and patient care plan is updated every two weeks or as patient needs change.
- Team Member Communication – Assure pertinent patient information and plan of care is communicated in a timely manner to primary nurse and appropriate team members. Conduct case conferences throughout care and document accordingly. Recognize the need for authorization of patient when there is a change in status. Collaborate with RN Case Manager for follow-up. Assist with the preparation of a safe and organized patient discharge plan.
- Patient Care Problem Resolution – Report patient care problems, along with possible solutions, to primary care nurse or appropriate social work management personnel. Communicate with supervisor about problems in practice or of any particular care needs.
- Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (From an educational program accredited by the Council of Social Work Education) or Doctorate (From and accredited institution of higher education)
- Six (6) Months Experience in a hospice or hospital exerpience
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Hospital experience preferred
- Hospice experince preferred
- NJ valid LSW required
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.