Social Worker 2
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Palliative Care Social Worker provides palliative care for identified palliative care patients primarily in the home setting, but also in other settings, including long-term care facilities, inpatient hospitals, and the ambulatory practice. The social worker consults and assists with the referring physician, the acute care team, and other members of interdisciplinary team to coordinate the patient's plan of care, also providing psychotherapy and psychosocial support to meet the needs of the patient.
A day in the life of a Palliative Care Social Worker at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Assisting with the planning, coordination, implementation and education of palliative care
- Serving as member of the palliative care interdisciplinary team
- Responsibility for all palliative care psychotherapy and psychosocial assessments, interventions, and evaluation done for palliative care patients
- Providing patients and families with resources related to the disease process
- Educating about risks and benefits of options
- Educating patients on how to obtain services and available health care benefits
- Educating patients regarding their health status, attempt to maximize self-care skills in order to increase patient's ability to cope with health status and enhance patient participation in continuing care
- Participating in support groups and community events
- Developing and maintain policies and procedures
- Assisting in the marketing of the program
- Collaborating with other members of the network team to develop programs, education and support
- Preparing and maintaining accurate patient records, charts and documents to support the medical practice and reimbursement for services provided
- Establishing relationships with existing palliative care teams, partner companies, medical directors, HMH physicians, community physicians, nurses and other team members as well as community members to build a culture of collaboration and clinically integrated care across the continuum
- Pro-actively identifying opportunities to improve the patient and family experience of care and to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of resource use throughout Hackensack Meridian Health
- Developing outreach programs for community agencies and health care settings (such as nursing homes), as appropriate
- Educating and assisting Hackensack Meridian Health team members on palliative care through quarterly interdisciplinary lectures/seminars to Hackensack Meridian Health team members
- Participating in community outreach presentations to interested groups or community advisory committees at each hospital site
- Participating in weekly Palliative Care team meetings to review active cases
- Participating in team meetings for the operational and administrative functions of the Palliative Care Services
- Current and valid OR pending LCSW in the State of New Jersey is required
- Must have minimum of a Masters level degree in social work or a related mental health field
- Frequent travel between Ocean Medical Center, Southern Ocean Medical Center, Riverview Medical Center, Jersey Shore University Medical Center and the Corporate office in Neptune is required
- Previous psychotherapy experience is preferred
- Previous palliative care experience is preferred
- Ability to work with a diverse team is required
- Familiarity with community resources is preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.