Senior Development Officer
Reporting to the most senior development leader at the campus, the Senior Development Officer is a member of the overall major gifts team for Meridian Health Foundation, responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and recognition of major gift donors.Responsibilities include execution of the approved fundraising plan and assuring the development and implementation of a comprehensive and integrated fundraising program, stewardship of trustees and donors, monitoring of financial assets and managing of fund allocation, and proper recording of progress, subject to the governing board.
- Achieve individual and campus revenue and expense goals for major gift endeavors. Work collaboratively with the senior development leader to achieve overall revenue goal for the hospital foundation.
- Take the lead on coordination with planned giving, annual fund, grants, and strategic events departments on the successful implementation of related fundraising programs and achievement of goals in these areas. Serve as liaison between Central Development/Central Operations and hospital staff to produce accurate and timely direct-mail appeals, newsletters and other materials.
- Develop and direct fundraising for hospital programs, in collaboration with board members, volunteers, and staff for the benefit of the Foundation, facilitating the identification, cultivation and solicitation of major gifts.
- Oversee targeted growth, cultivation, and solicitation of donor pool as appropriate, mining data through report analysis to develop outreach plans for potential mid- and high-level giving prospects. Conduct thorough and appropriate follow up with potential donors.
- Develop and direct major gift fundraising, concentrating on gifts of $50,000+, in collaboration with trustees, physicians and volunteers, for the benefit of the hospital, serving as a development officer facilitating the identification, cultivation and solicitation of gifts to achieve 100%.
- Engage board members and friends to host awareness building and networking forums. Recruit hosts for and coordinate appropriate cultivation gatherings of prospects at various educational, social and hospitality events offered at the Medical Center. Manage cultivation events and internal constituency giving subcommittees and oversee management.
- Participate in auxiliary meetings and events to help achieve compliance and to provide funding information, as well as secure auxiliary funding.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Board of Trustees to promote trustee knowledge, recruitment, and retention. Build relationships and trust among trustees. Serve as the primary contact for questions and information. Develop important relationships with Team Members to promote a culture of philanthropy and grateful patient prospects.
- Serve as needed on an on-call basis (including nights and weekends) for the Friends of the Foundation (FOF) program. Act as a liaison between program members, Meridian Health Foundation, and clinicians and administrators, navigating the health care system on behalf of FOF program members, nurturing donor relationships, and providing continuity of a consistently high level of service. Express genuine compassion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelors level degree in a related discipline.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated track record of consistently closing five-figure gifts independently, and six figure gifts or higher with appropriate senior support.
- Highly functional with Microsoft Office Suite.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Masters level degree or equivalent in a Health or Foundation/Grants related discipline.
- Experience with not-for-profits, legal, and financial.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge and/or other fundraising/CRM management software.
- Demonstrated track record of consistently closing six-figure gifts independently.
- Certificated Fund Raising Executive (CFRE).
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.