How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Scheduler receives incoming calls from physicians and patients to schedule elective tests and procedures. The scheduler provides superior customer service to patients and physicians, to create quality cases in the hospital Scheduling system. An attempt is made to obtain necessary identifying, social, and financial information. Once preliminary information is obtained, the pre-registration process is completed. Information is provided to the patient regarding when and where to report to the Medical Center. Schedules are made available to the Ancillary Departments.
- Courteously and promptly answers telephone calls. Routes calls or takes accurate messages as is appropriate. Promptly returns voice mail messages within 48 business hrs.
- Receives calls from physicians and patients to schedule a date for elective test or procedure. Obtains demographic and insurance information from patient and/or physician office.
- Contact ‘walk-in’ appointment requests within 48 hours.
- Gathers personal & financial information required including emergency notification numbers and insurance information.
- Inputs patient information accurately into Scheduling system.
- Explains hospital policies regarding deposits, parking, personal items.
- Assists patient in understanding his/her insurance benefits/ if such information is available.
- Refers all uninsured patients to credit counselors.
- Assist in building the scheduling profiles in the Stat Schedules system
- Informs patient about necessary authorization, referral forms and about procedures and preps for specific tests.
- Calls patients when time permits to verify their appointments.
- Does all other duties as assigned.
- Makes outbound appointment reminder calls as needed
- Provides feedback to supervisor of scheduling issues
- Requests deposits prior to patient arrival when appropriate
- Assist in the account registration and insurance verification as needed
- Provides assistance in Patient Access Department when needed
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years related clerical experience in a health care setting.
- Ability to problem solve, analyze data and recommend changes.
- Must have strong customer service skills; ability to discuss basic demographic issues with patients, physicians’ offices and Patient Care Coordination with sensitivity and tact; ability to work collaboratively with a culturally diverse staff and patient/family population; ability to work independently; displays empathy and sensitivity in interactions with physicians’ offices and other staff.
- Knowledge of personal computers; ability to use scheduling system and hospital registration system.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and coding required.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.