Registered Nurse Infusion Home Care
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Responsible for providing professional nursing care to patients in their home through assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of home nursing care needs on an individual and continuous basis of assigned patients in accordance with organization policies and procedures and external regulations.
- Adherence to Physician’s Orders – Assure compliance with appropriate physician orders in a timely manner and that visit frequency follows physician orders. Assure documentation reflects compliance with physician’s orders and addresses progression to goals being met at discharge.
- Patient Care Management – Assure that assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient care follow policy, procedure, and standard of care. Demonstrate ability to care for a patient and significant other in a holistic manner. Assure safe patient care is provided. Demonstrate knowledge and competency in completion of assigned treatments and procedures according to established standards and policies. Utilize interdisciplinary team and accurately document all activities.
- Clinical Decision Making – Assure clinical judgments and critical thinking reflect professional standards of care and codes of ethics which provide for safe and effective patient outcomes. Appropriately document clinical decisions through appropriate system.
- Authorization Compliance – Identify appropriate payors and remain in compliance with authorizations for self and other disciplines as necessary. Meet payor source guidelines. Maintain visit frequency with authorization range. Utilize secure messaging to insurance nurse for all authorizations.
- Documentation Compliance – Assure documentation of assessment, interventions and planning meet organization time lines. Complete nursing assessment, medication reconciliation and collaborate with physician on Plan of Care. Update care plan within two week period of change in patient status.
- Instruction of Patient – Implement specific teaching strategies to meet established goals on the plan of care. Assure documentation reflects appropriate teaching strategies in the medical chart that are consistent with goals and plans.
- Problem Solving – Report patient care problems to manager or appropriate nursing management personnel and/or physician in a timely manner with possible solutions. Assure documentation indicates case communication. Appropriately utilize manager as a resource.
- Team Member Coordination – Act as liaison among physician, Manager of Clinical Practice and other members of the health care team to ensure effective coordination and appropriate resource referrals. Assure that coordination of services is effective and meets client’s needs.
- Team Member Communication – Communicate pertinent patient information and Plan of Care during transfers of patient care loads, either on a daily basis or whenever vacation days/time-off are scheduled.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- Six (6) Months or More RN Experience
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license
- BLS and CPR
- IV certification
- PC Experience/Skills
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- BSN strongly preferred
- 2-5 years of IV nursing experience
- Central Line proficiency (PICC's, Port's)
- Chemotherapy certification strongly preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.