Registered Nurse Hospice
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
- Caring for terminally ill patients and their families in a hospital, home, Nursing Homes and Assisted Living setting.
- Hospital liaison to include networking with patient, families and hospital staff.
- The RN assesses and evaluates care needs and assist Hospice Patients and their families with the Hospice admission process.
- Registered Nurse is responsible for professional nursing care to patients in their home by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating care needs in individual and continuing basis of assigned patients in keeping with agency policies and procedures and external regulations.
- Caring for the immediate needs of the Hospice Patient and their families.
- Developing a plan of care to meet those needs.
- Medication reconciliation and education.
- Communication to the Hospice team all findings and needs.
- Work well with the interdisciplinary team
- Work well with the terminally ill and their self-appointed families
- Medication Management skills
- Flexibility with working with patients and families in creating individualized plans of care to meet patient and family ne
- RN license in the state of New Jersey
- Must Have NJ Driver’s license with an available registered and insured vehicle
- Hospice Experience a plus
- (BLS) Basic Life Support, (CPR) , Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- 2 years of Med Surg of Long Term care experience preferred. Home Care or Hospice experiences a plus.
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN preferred
- IV certification a plus, experience with the management of Central line preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and strong clinical assessment skills.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.