Palliative Care Physician
Palliative Care Physician
Hackensack Meridian Health
Middlesex County, New Jersey
Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking a BC/BE Palliative Care Physician for our growing program primarily in the inpatient setting, with outpatient services as well. Under the supervision of the Palliative Care leadership, the faculty member will work with a multidisciplinary team—including a nurse practitioner, social worker, and chaplain—to provide excellent clinical care. You will join a system-wide effort to ensure integrated palliative care, including development and implementation of clinical protocols and best practices across various patient populations. The position is primarily based in Middlesex County, providing care at JFK Medical Center in Edison and Raritan Bay Medical Center in Old Bridge and Perth Amboy, New Jersey.
We are seeking a candidate with strong clinical and collaborative skills, as well as an interest in education. Candidates should be Hospice & Palliative Medicine (HPM) board-eligible/certified, with fellowship training OR 2 years’ experience in HPM field beyond board certification. Academic rank, if so desired, would be commensurate with level of experience.
- • Join a successful program including physicians and more than twenty certified nurse practitioners who provide pain and non-pain symptom management and advanced palliative care for patients as they receive care from their primary care or specialist team
- • Actively identify opportunities to improve the patient and family care experience
- • Teaching opportunities with residents, as well as nursing students
- • Shared call
- • Potential for faculty appointment to Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine
- • Board-certified/Board-eligible in palliative medicine
- • Ability to assess, evaluate, plan, and implement care in complex and life limiting situations
- • Capable of offering specialized knowledge and skill to all members of the health care staff
- • Ability to balance emotionally challenging situations in the context of serious medical illness
- • Team oriented and able to provide personalized patient care as well as family support and demonstrate clinical outcomes
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
If you're interested in this position, we would love to hear from you! Please call me or complete this from and I will get back in touch with you.