Nurse Practitioner Hospice
Responsible for rendering professional nursing care to patients in their home by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating assigned patients in keeping with organization policies and procedures, external regulations, and the Advanced Practice Act
Essential Generic Job Functions :
- Clinical Decision Making – Clinical decisions are made utilizing professional standards of care and code of ethics and provide for safe and effective patient outcomes. Document clinical decisions in an appropriate manner.
- Patient Care Management – Assure assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient care are in accordance with policy and procedure, Advanced Practice Act and Medicare guidelines. Utilize a holistic manner in caring for patients/significant others. Assure safe patient care is provided.
- Instruction of Patient – Implement specific teaching strategies to meet goals established on the patient plan of care. Assure appropriate teaching strategies, consistent with goals and plans, are documented in the medical chart.
- Documentation Compliance – Assure documentation of assessment, interventions and planning meet the needs of the patient, family and all regulatory bodies.
- Team Member Communication/Coordination – Communicate pertinent patient information to physicians and RN Case Managers. Complete Attestation documentation per Conditions of Participation (COP) for appropriate hospice patients. Act as liaison among physician and other members of the health care team to ensure effective coordination of care.
- Continuing Education – Maintain awareness of new/updated standards and incorporate them into his/her nursing practice throughout the continuum of care. Demonstrate knowledge of current practices’ guidelines in documentation in the medical chart.
- On-Call – Provide on-call coverage for designated shift when required. Maintain phone contact with offices as appropriate. Respond to call within designated time frames and physician orders.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Master’s Degree
- Two (2) to Four (4) Years Nurse Practitioner Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Hospice Experience
- NJ RN License
- NJ Nurse Practitioner Certification
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.