Manager, Realty Business Operation
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Manager of Realty Business Operations handles the day to day business operations of the Realty division. This position will provide support to the Vice President, Realty Corp and act as a liaison between the Realty Corporations and finance and accounting. Responsibilities include but not limited to, review of all invoices, rent, occupancy statements, utilities, etc to ensure obligations are consistent with contractual agreements, ensure integrity of data in lease administration tool. Codes, approves and submits to HMH accounts payable. Handles vendor and landlord calls and researches to resolve open items. Maintains a full understanding of people soft AP processing and works to improve processes. Responsible for development of operating budgets. Reviews all realty budgets with on-site department directors/managers. Reviews current expense trends, research budget discrepancies and anticipates new expenditures. Supervises the work of financial analyst responsible for compiling and analyzing financial information. Prepares appropriate analyses for use in following internal committees as needed. Assists in the monthly financial close process by reviewing for missing expenses and necessary accruals.
A day in the life of Manager of Realty Business Operations at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Manage Receivables due to HMH for all Realty items. Communicate with tenants for delinquency, work with Realty leadership to bring receivables current.
- Receipt of all invoices, rent, occupancy statements, check lease admin to verify Base rent being processed, check monthly upload file and verify/enter any Cam, electric, RE tax changes (CAM etc. to be entered and maintained in LA) Code all transactions.
- Check requests: Send monthly rent statements that are dynamic enough that they need check requests, instead of the monthly rent file, Ex: MHVRA.
- Monitor monthly and year to date actual expense and revenue to budget. Assist accounting with appropriate monthly accruals.
- Budget preparation - operating and capital:
- Reviewing actual, prior year budget year estimates, modify for increases adjustments, remove locations that we are aware we are leaving, and request adds for new locations we expect but have no history on and need to estimate.
- Add increases by location based on knowledge of upcoming changes.
- Property Tax Schedule:
- Take over property tax schedule maintained by accounting to ensure all property taxes are paid. Enter @100 check requests, per quarter. We have also been working with other BU's to transition property tax payment to BU 806 if currently paid by legacy BU.
- Handle specialize billing, such as: VA billing: Billing for VA must be done electronically, maintain annual registration, etc. Other unique billings.
- Monthly Rent upload:
- Manage and approve monthly rent upload file, make changes to payments as invoices, statements are received
- Accounts Payable:
- Troubleshoot landlord inquiries, why isn't rent paid, is it in LA, monthly upload, AP issue, check just lost? Wrong address, vendor #?
- CAM reconciliations:
- Review CAM reconciliations and approve CAM invoices, request CAM audit if needed.
- Review all locations for recent past year reconciliation and reach out to landlord for reconciliation or for confirmation that estimates are fine.
- Lease admin:
- Request new department code, enter lease, amendments.
- Enter changes/updates to security deposits in LA.
- Add Region to LA profile, need to define/correct (PPS) and use that result? Can IT help upload, or does it have to be manual?
- Square footage updates: research leases do not have square footage information; improve data integrity.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in finance area.
- Advanced computer skills (word, excel, outlook, power point).
- Working knowledge of accounting, accounts payable and purchasing systems.
- Detail oriented with high level of organization, efficient, self-motivated, prioritize, and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong Multi-tasking skills.
- Strong teamwork skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- People Soft experience.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.