Licensed Practical Nurse Hospice
Provide nursing care to patients in their homes through assessment, development, implementation and evaluation. Provide home nursing care needs of assigned patients under the direction of an RN.
Essential Generic Job Functions:
- Adherence to Physician’s Orders – Properly comply with appropriate physician orders in a timely manner. Chart, audit and demonstrate compliance on frequency and timely admission of referral.
- Case Communication – Assess the acuity of the patient in a timely and accurate manner. Communicate by use of secure messaging to appropriate people (i.e., physician, case managers). Assure documentation is completed in the EMR at time of visit.
- Routine Assignments – Independently prioritize and complete routine assignments consistently, accurately and within the guidelines under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Scheduling – Complete patient care related activities within scheduled frequencies. Issue appropriate frequencies directed by physicians. Obtain daily schedule by use of syncing into EMR application.
- Patient Care Documentation – Assure assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient care are reflective of policy, procedures and standard of care measured by complete and accurate documentation in EMR application.
- Plan of Care Documentation – Complete and update patient plan of care as needed/required. Assure documentation that reflects plan of care is appropriate and current.
- Instruction of Patients and Families – Teach patients and families based on identified health needs. Chart, audit and demonstrate documentation of teaching goals and plans. Ensure teaching is appropriate by working with primary nurse.
- Problem Solving – Report patients’ problems to primary nurse or nursing management personnel with possible solutions. Assure appropriate documentation is evident in clinical record.
- Communication – Communicate pertinent patient information and plant of care to primary nurse. Obtain physician’s orders as needed.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Graduate of LPN Program
- Six (6) Months Experience
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Home Care Experience
- N.J. LPN License
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.