Hospice Home Care Registered Nurse
How have you impacted someone's life today? At VHSNJ at Home we take exceptional pride in our work and are passionate about delivering the highest quality of clinical care. By applying innovative services within the comforts of patient's homes, our Registered Nurses deliver advanced clinical care to patients who return to their homes following hospitalization or to those requiring assistance to remain in the comfort and security of their home due to an illness, injury or disability. VHSNJ at Home is changing the way home care is delivered.
The responsibilities include:
- Hospice RN to Care for terminally ill patients and their families in homes, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living and Hackensack Meridian Hospitals.Case Manage for terminally ill patients and their families in homes, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living and Hackensack Meridian Hospitals.
- To be primarily an admission nurse, assess and evaluate care needs and assist Hospice Patients and their families with the Hospice admission process.
- Registered Nurse is responsible for professional nursing care to patients in their home by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating care needs of assigned patients in keeping with agency policies and procedures and external regulations.
- Caring for the immediate needs of the the Hospice Patient and their families.
- Developing a plan of care to meet those needs.
- Medication reconciliation and education.
- Communication to the Hospice team all findings and needs.
- Work well with the interdisciplinary team
- Work well with the terminally ill and their self-appointed families
- Medication Management skills
- Flexibility with working with patients and families in creating individualized plans of care to meet patient and family needs.
RN license in the state of New Jersey
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN preferred
- Must Have NJ Drivers license with an available registered and insured vehicle
- (BLS) Basic Life Support
- (CPR) Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- 2 yrs med/surg, acute care or long term care experience required
- Home Care or Hospice experience a plus.
- IV certification a plus, experience with the management of Central line preferred.
- Excellent communication and strong clinical assessment skills.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.