Home Care Registered Nurse, Hospice
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
For further rewards offered, please visit www.TEAMHMH.COM
A day in the life of a hospice nurse includes:
- Leading an interdisciplinary team of caregivers in the development of a holistic plan of care focused on the palliation of symptoms, caregiver education, and compassionate emotional and spiritual support to the patient and family.
- Providing professional nursing care to patients in their homes, skilled and assisted living facilities and acute care settings depending on the care needs of the patient.
- Facilitating an individualized plan of care that anticipates patient and family needs and is based on collaboration, evidence- based practice and the goals of the patient and family.
- A Commitment to creating and upholding exceptional service standards to provide patients and families with an optimal hospice experience.
- Caring for terminally ill patients and their families in a hospital, home, nursing home and assisted living settings
- Assessing and evaluating care needs and assisting hospice patients and their families with the hospice admission process
- Providing professional nursing care to patients by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating individual care needs initially and continually in keeping with agency policies, procedures and external regulations.
- Caring for and developing a plan to meet the immediate needs of the hospice patient and their family.
- Providing medication reconciliation and education while managing the complex symptoms of terminally ill patients.
- Pronouncing deaths as necessary.
Qualifications for the Registered Nurse include:
- Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing is required
- BLS/CPR certification by American Heart Association is required
- NJ Driver’s license with an available registered and insured vehicle is required
- Prior Home Care or Hospice experience is preferred
- Chemo Certification (CRNI) is preferred
- One (1) year of Medical/Surgical, Acute Care or Long Term Care experience is preferred
- Must have six (6) or more months of nursing experience is required
- IV Certification, experience with the management of Central Lines is preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.