How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Reporting to the Vice President of Philanthropy Operations, the Executive Assistant, Philanthropy Operations supports centralized philanthropy operations for all Meridian Health Foundations including communications, marketing, donor relations, finance, and special projects
- Maintains oversight and ownership over the VP of Philanthropy Operations’ calendar.
- Coordinates arrangements for meetings, conferences, and seminars. Arranges appropriate meeting facilities: coordinates food service; plan menus for working dinners. Attends and takes minutes when necessary.
- Maintains and organizes official philanthropy operations documents and files.
- Prepares correspondence, letters and reports. Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all materials.
- Prepares the weekly Huddle, including announcements, team calendar, Huddle highlights and staff recognition.
- Manage the production of donor recognition materials, including the creation of plaque proofs, placing and tracking orders, reviewing and proofing group recognition listings, and arranging the installation of plaques and donor walls.
- Maintain recognition inventories and opportunity lists for each campus. Assist in the preparation of new recognition opportunity lists.
- Print and prepare donor relations mailings.
- Assist with proofreading and editing donor relations communications.
- Assist with the preparation and posting of social media items
- Secure content for newsletters and assist with newsletter development.
- Work with the network digital team to refresh websites with updated content and ensure accuracy of foundation contact information.
- Coordinate photo and video shoots
- Assist Communications Manager to secure ad buys for advertising campaigns.
- Provide administrative support at special functions (may include early morning or evening schedules).
- Provide back-up support to other Foundation members as needed, such as answering phones, greeting guests, assisting with mailing and events, preparing daily deposits of gift received and distributing mail.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Four or more years of administrative assistant experience.
2. Bachelors degree.
3. Experienced working with personal computers, database software, and word processing (Microsoft Word for Windows and Excel).
4. Experience with communication and social media.
5. Ability to plan, organize and perform multiple duties with minimal supervision, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
6. Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
7. Must have own transportation to arrange outside events, pick-up supplies, and conduct other Foundation business.
8. Must possess skills necessary to effectively and diplomatically communicate with board members, donors, community professionals, Foundation team members, volunteers, hospital physicians and other Meridian team members.
9. Must be willing to work flexible hours, may occasionally be needed for nights and weekends.
10. Must be willing to learn a variety of computer software products including databases, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Experience working in a fundraising environment.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.