Director, Ambulatory Practice Technology & Training
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
This position will be responsible for the identification, development, management and implementation and training of all systems in the Ambulatory Physician Services Division, including Ambulatory Epic implementations and support, Dragon dictation tools and other technologies used at Hackensack Meridian Medical Group. They will provide oversight of training programs and the training team. The scope of this position will support all physician practices within Hackensack Meridian Medical Group. This position will be located in Wall, NJ but will relocate to Edison, NJ in the near future. This position will also travel to various facilities across our network regularly.
A day in the life of a Director, Ambulatory Practice Technology and Training at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Plans, develops, coordinates, manages and evaluates implementation and optimization of systems utilized at Hackensack Meridian Medical Group (HMMG) physician practices.
- Serves as key contact/development and implementation expert for EPIC for physician practices.
- Develops plan and implements go-live activities from start to finish
- Collaborates with Senior Vice President, Directors Operation and Quality to craft overall vision and mission for Physician Services Division employed practices.
- Focuses on innovation through system development to improve practice flow and the satisfaction of all users.
- Serves as a key member of the network technology planning team, with a strong focus on the needs of physician practices operations.
- Understands clinical flow starting at scheduling, ending at closing of the encounter, and patient leaving the office
- Serves as a strong Network leader
- Motivates Physician Services Division and Network leaders to ensure accomplishment of ambulatory technology objectives through effective leadership.
- Participates in interdepartmental collaboration and problem solving working closely with Information Technology, Regional Administrators and Practice Managers, Billing and Quality
- Maintains good working relationships and exhibits leadership qualities in daily interactions.
- Develops/maintains the respect of network and community leaders for contributions to the success of the organization.
- Oversees and directs the development of the training team:
- Serves as a thought-leader in working with the training department on the continual updating & relook at the internal training programs
- Develops and maintain one, cohesive, global ambulatory operations training team
- Assures that the training team is up to date on all issues
- Includes the training team in development and implementation of changes in EPIC
- Reviews work of trainers for compliance and consistency with established standards
- Formulates training system scope and objectives to support operation workflows and the education associated with those workflows.
- Assists Director with ongoing communication with organizational leaders regarding training issues and requirements.
- Creates an engaging work environment for team members and providers through team building, coaching, constructive feedback, work delegation, personal example and goal setting that encourage creativity, open dialogue on work issues, professional growth, and a consistent, high level of performance. Encourage and supports employee decision-making within their scope of responsibilities.
- Develops personal career growth to maintain job satisfaction, enhance leadership skills, and contribute to the network.
- Participate in professional organizations to promote professional growth and development.
- Attend professional conferences, reading industry literature and participating in webinars to enhance knowledge of best practices in the industry.
- Maintains awareness of practice management issues of importance to the success of the Physician Services Division.
- Utilizes project management tools as appropriate to accurately document change control for all training materials and environments.
- Completes assigned projects according to the published work plan and within time and cost estimates.Communicate anticipated deviations from project estimates in a timely manner.
- Follows established change control practices and procedures.
- Provide off-hours support for critical problem resolution.
- Coordinates the assignment of tasks and helps resolve technical and operational problems.
- Evaluates the impact of solutions to ensure goals are achieved.
- Provides effective direction, guidance, and leadership over the staff for effective teamwork and motivation, and fosters the effective integration of efforts with system-wide initiatives.
- Develops and maintains established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health care, business, or technical field or commensurate experience in adult training and learning required.
- Master’s degree in a health care, business, or technical field preferred
- Five years of progressive experience in healthcare management including 3 years of ambulatory healthcare management and/or ambulatory IT experience.
- Supervisory, management and/or administrative experience required.
- Project management skills including business plan development, budgeting, setting time frames, and negotiating the approval process.
- Experience in the development and implementation as well as strong proficiency in the use of Epic on a large scale highly desired
- Strong knowledge of practice operations is highly desired
- Nursing background/ experience is a plus
- EPIC certification in Ambulatory including Professional Billing, and Scheduling modules (Cadence or Prelude) must be obtained within 1 year of hire
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.