Dietary Aide at Nursing and Rehab in Wall
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Dietary/Food Service Aide performs specific tasks in Food Service Department. The Dietary Aide assists in keeping the dining and cooking areas clean, sanitary, and running smoothly.
A day in the life of a Dietary/Food Service Aide at Hackensack Meridian Health can be described as follows:
- Completes assignment daily accurately and timely
- Sets up/cleans tray carts and dining room
- Cleans and scrapes dishes in preparation for washing and stores dishes after they are dry
- Cleans kitchen areas such as coffee and juice machines, cupboards, refrigerator, dining room tables
- Dishes out salad and desserts
- Assists in food preparation such as making toast, butter bread and preparing fresh fruit and vegetables
- Helps serve when needed
- Completes all assignments in regards to daily food preparation i.e. tray assembly positions according to department procedures
- Prepares and delivers food to resident floors or informs Nursing Services
- Delivers and retrieves resident trays according to departmental procedure
- Receives soiled trays, removes soiled dishes and transports cleaned and dried trays and permanent-ware to proper places
- Prepares, heats and delivers late or hold trays. Assists resident with cover, table and food questions
- Follows all sanitation and Infection Control procedures
- Masters dish room assignment
- Readies dishwasher for proper operations by placing all dishes, lids and trays on racks
- Soak dishes, silverware and cups to remove food particles and stains
- Discards chipped dishware
- Masters cleaning and maintenance of disposals and conveyor belt (removes and cleans cord guides)
- Monitors café trays and prevents back ups
- Cleans and maintains equipment and food contact surfaces.
- Performs quality control check to ensure high standard. Meets all meal deadlines
- Removes and disposes of all garbage and trash, including liquid waste, to proper areas
- Washes hands frequently and prior to returning or starting work.
- Wears gloves according to policy and removes them and reapplies them when appropriate
- High School or GED preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English and follow oral and written instructions is required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.