Reporting to the most senior development leader at the campus, the Foundation Development Officer is a member of the overall major gifts team for Meridian Health Foundation, responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and recognition of major gift donors.
- Achieve revenue and expense goals for Foundation special gifts endeavor. Work collaboratively with the senior development leader to achieve revenue goal. Work collaboratively with Foundation Centralized Services on annual fund, special events and related activities.
- Develop and direct fundraising for hospital programs, in collaboration with board members, volunteers, and staff for the benefit of the Foundation, facilitating the identification, cultivation and solicitation of major gifts.
- Cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts, focusing on gifts of $25,000+, in collaboration with board members, volunteers, and staff for the benefit of the Foundation.
- Oversee targeted growth, cultivation, and solicitation of donor pool as appropriate, mining data through report analysis to develop outreach plans for potential mid-level giving prospects. Conduct thorough and appropriate follow up with potential donors.
- Serves as needed on an on-call basis (including nights and weekends) for the Friends of the Foundation (FOF) program. Acts as a liaison between program members, Meridian Health Foundation, and clinicians and administrators, navigating the health care system on behalf of FOF program members, nurturing donor relationships, and providing continuity of a consistently high level of service. Expresses genuine compassion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Recruit hosts for and coordinate appropriate cultivation gatherings of prospects at various educational, social and hospitality events offered at the Medical Center. Manage cultivation events and internal constituency giving subcommittees, and oversees management.
- Serve as liaison between hospital administration, auxiliaries, volunteers, the community and the Foundation. Develop important relationships with Team Members to promote a culture of philanthropy and grateful patient prospects.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelors level degree.
- Four or more years of experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated track record of consistently closing four-figure gifts independently, and five figure gifts and above with appropriate senior support.
- Highly functional with Microsoft Office Suite.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Masters level degree or equivalent.
- Experience with not-for-profits, legal, and financial.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge and/or other fundraising/CRM management software.
- Demonstrated track record of consistently closing five-figure gifts independently, and six-figure gifts with appropriate senior support.
- Certificated Fund Raising Executive (CFRE).
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.