Certified Nursing Assistant at Nursing and Rehab in Wall
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The role of a Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) is to demonstrate the ability to provide exceptional resident care. The C.N.A. also ensures resident’s plan of care is followed. He or she must complete all required documentation as per state/federal guidelines, while also following all facility policies and procedures.
A day in the life of a Certified Nursing Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health can be described as follows:
- Provides resident care as per Resident Care Plan
- ROM exercises
- Transfer training
- ADL training
- Assisting with feeding, calorie counts
- Bed making
- Simple dressing and wound care
- AM and HS care
- Vital signs
- Answer call bells
- Post modem care
- Assist with room changes
- Participate in report
- Reports any unusual changes in resident condition to Charge Nurse
- Communicates pertinent information and actual or potential problems to RN throughout shift
- Works with other staff to ensure resident needs are met
- Accurately completes all forms of documentation pertaining to residential care
- Completes all required documentation as per facility/state/federal policies
- Records intake and output
- Records temperature and bowel movements
- Ensures that all assigned residents are clean, neatly dressed and groomed, safe, and fed during assigned shift hours
- Participates in Resident conferences and contributes to Nursing Care Plan of a Resident. Participates in re-motivation programs
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Certified Nursing Aide Certification issued by the State of New Jersey preferred.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.