Supervisor, Pediatric CMAs
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Supervisor of Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for ensuring smooth operations for the clinical flow, CMA interaction with patients and office staff, and daily functions of all certified medical assistants. Ensures all CMAs provide quality medical treatment. Responsible to promote a positive work environment and to align with departmental and organizational goals.
A day in the life of a Supervisor of Certified Medical Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Supervises and schedules all certified medical assistant and clerical staff in order to achieve optimum patient/customer service, to expedite work flow collaborating with clerical coordinator to ensure full office/clinical functioning.
- Ensures clerical process functions such as but not limited to scheduling, registration, verification of benefits, and authorizations for testing and procedures are completed.
- Makes recommendation to correct Quality Assurance problems and ensures employees are providing quality clinical care to patients.
- Responsible for training of certified medical assistant staff on related services. Ensure certified medical assistants can perform the specialized testing required for quality patient care. These include but are not limited to A1C testing, blood glucose monitor downloading and all other required point of care testing.
- Responsible for annual performance evaluations for staff, in collaboration with manager. Assures staff proficiency and competency assessment in performing these tests on an ongoing basis. Informs management if additional education is needed, and provides feedback to nurse coordinator/manager on staff proficiency on an ongoing basis.
- Orients CMA staff in the use of current and future monitoring equipment and equipment upgrades.
- Ensures that the equipment is in working order, maintained properly and logbooks are up to date including calibration of equipment used for daily functioning of each clinic. Ensure proper work orders to correct any identified issues and teaches staff on this process so all are empowered to care for the work areas to ensure proper patient care. Delegates as necessary to share responsibilities and knowledge.
- Ensures departmental policies and procedures are followed.
- Provides unit statistical data collection, reviews results, and makes recommendations for improvement based on the analysis.
- Consults with the nurse coordinator/manager in response to patient and physician complaints, following through to resolution.
- Participates in the budget process in collaboration with the nurse coordinator/manager. Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budget.
- Delegates responsibilities to CMA staff in order to develop their potential and follows up on performance.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e. age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, family member and/or primary care giver at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
- Graduate of an accredited certified medical assistant program.
- 3 years experience as Lead Certified Medical Assistant.
- Must be proficient with use of computer systems; possess excellent communication skills and the ability to function in a fast paced and challenging environment.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Bachelors or Associates degree from an accredited college.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Certified Medical Assistant from Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), or the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), or the National Association for Healthcare Professionals (NAHP), or the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA), or registration from the American Medical Technologist (AMT).
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.