Staff Development Coordinator RN
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Staff Development Coordinator provides the overall education and clinical direction of the facility. Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, s/he is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating educational programs. S/he manages the facility compliance on regulating standards, quality improvement, and programs focusing on customer service.
- Manages the facilities mandatory in-services including:
- Plans, organizes and directs in-service meetings ensuring staff participation to promote professional growth for al nursing staff.
- Maintains and updates content of in-service to ensure current research/evidence based practices are being utilized.
- Assist in evaluation of staff competency.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective orientation program that orients new employees to the facility, its policy and procedures to his/her duties and position.
- Monitors staff performance to ensure compliance with established safety regulation in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains accurate compliance records and in-service hours of staff participation.
- Works in conjunction with the infection control coordinator to develop, maintain, and record appropriate infection control in-services.
- Assist in development revision and implementation of Infection control standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Counsels, employees, provides support and fosters professional growth.
- Assess individual and collective learning needs of staff and provides appropriate education.
- Assists supervisors and charge nurses as necessary. Acts as a resource person and role model for clinical staff.
- Educates staff as needed regarding safety procedures for documenting reports and all accompanying paperwork.
- Assists in investigation of safety reports and audits.
- Determines solutions to problems; implements new policies; follow-up to prevent further problems.
- Provide education to all levels of employees/medical staff in new policies.
- Communicates with DON & Senior VP Clinical Services, when appropriate seeking approval & advice in situations where warranted or in situations outside personal authority & expertise.
- Tailors approach to specific audiences and individuals to maximize attentiveness and participation with in-services.
- Meets with the Director of Nursing and discusses plans and priorities for staff development activities as necessary.
- Access the delivery of Patient care throughout the facility and determines compliance with procedures.
- Ensures nursing staff are familiar with state, federal & local laws & regulations.
- Ongoing observation for regulatory compliance including mandatory reporting regulations.
- Maintains & updates policies & procedures & in accordance with regulations.
- Participates in facility surveys (inspections).
- Additional duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Three years of clinical nursing experience in a health care setting, preferably Long Term Care; Geriatric experience preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing; BSN preferred; education in Infection Control.
- Teaching abilities;
- Broad knowledge of nursing care and documentation
- Knowledge of State and Federal Laws, Regulations and Guidelines pertaining to Long Term Care
- CPR certified and IV certification.
- All NJ Licenses must be current
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
- CPR Certification
- IV Certification
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.