Social Worker- Home Care- Hospice - Wall, NJ P/T Benefits
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
The responsbilites of the Hospice Social Worker at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
Responsible for rendering professional social work services to patients in their home through assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of the social and emotional needs of patients in accordance with organization policies and procedures applicable to social work standards and governmental laws and requirements within the scope of medical home care.
- Maintain standards of social work practice in accordance with NJ Department of Health requirements, NJ Social Work Code of Ethics, The Joint Commission and organization policies and procedures.
- Assure professional standards of care and practice that provide for safe and effective patient outcomes is reflected in clinical judgments/critical thinking. Assure clinical judgment reflects professional standards through documentation and case conferencing with team.
- Perform initial psychosocial and bereavement assessment of patients that assists the interdisciplinary team’s plan of care and treatment goals. Assure plan is received and updated as needed. Assure that risk factors and treatment goals are documented.
- Instruct and counsel patients/families in treating and coping with social and emotional responses related to recovery and/or terminal needs.
- Provide counseling to patients utilizing appropriate methodologies based upon the social and emotional needs of the patient. Interventions are documented and are consistent with social and emotional needs of patient/family.
- Assure documentation of assessments, interventions and planning meet organization timelines.
- Assure pertinent patient information and plan of care is communicated in a timely manner to primary nurse and appropriate team members. Conduct case conferences throughout care and document accordingly. Recognize the need for authorization of patient when there is a change in status. Collaborate with RN Case Manager for follow-up. Assist with the preparation of a safe and organized patient discharge plan.
- Report patient care problems, along with possible solutions, to primary care nurse or appropriate social work management personnel. Communicate with supervisor about problems in practice or of any particular care needs.
- Assist patient/family with the understanding and acceptance of medical recommendations and advise them how to follow the recommendations. Provide services to assist with adjustment to terminal illness if appropriate. Document teaching regarding treatment plan recommendations.
- Identify community resources to assist patients and families with end of life or discharge care planning. Provide follow-up to patient/family to ensure implementation.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Master's Degree in Social Work (From an educational program accredited by the Council of Social Work Education) or Doctorate (From and accredited institution of higher education) 2.
- One (1) Year Experience
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ Licensed Social Worker or NJ Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.