- Requisition # 2023-139728
- StatusFull Time with Benefits
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
Are you a nurse who is looking for a change? Do you feel overwhelmed and spread too thin in your current job? A return to the HOME could make you fall in love with nursing all over again! Focus on one patient at a time with Hackensack Meridian Health At Home. Our nurses spend valuable and meaningful 1:1 time with patients in their homes, where they feel most comfortable. Do what you do best, with a flexible schedule in a setting with fewer distractions.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our full- and part-time benefit eligible team members by offering a Total Rewards package including comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401(k) match and Tuition Reimbursement. Per Diem team members are eligible to participate in the 401(k) match and Travel Reimbursement. At www.TeamHMH.com, you’ll find the information, resources and tools that will help you to be successful at HMH. From great benefits and innovative wellness programs, to robust learning and development opportunities, we continue to cultivate an exceptional work environment where you can do the kind of work that leads to fulfillment and professional growth.
We invite you to listen to our team members share what it's like to be part of HMH's Home Care Team:
Responsible for the supervision and guidance to field staff to ensure quality of care for patients and caregivers, as well as appropriately complete medicare required documentation, serve as a role model, advocate, and motivator to help nurses acclimate and maintain their competency in nursing and share clinical knowledge and expertise. The candidate should have the qualities of an effective nurse mentor that includes, strong organizational skills and time management, be goal-oriented and have the ability to collaborate with mentees to develop a learning plan that will be beneficial to learning, have strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain composure at all times, be encouraging and non-judgmental and have the ability to receive feedback, and be well versed on many topics of home health/hospice care.
- Conduct supervisory visits with all the nursing staff to observe the home interaction and observe that all quality indicators are being met, including; medication reconciliation, wound care (proper assessment, measuring and correct treatment), pain assessment, adherence to infection control practices, home safety assessment, and family satisfaction. Ensure documentation is appropriate to clinical needs. Complete supervisory visits and follow up documentation.
- Instruct and observe HHA supervisions conducted by the nursing staff.
- Observe and instruct in the development and updating of nursing care plans.
- Schedule one-to-one instruction with nursing staff who need remediation and document the learning plan.
- Assist in the development of critical thinking skills and problem solving.
- Review and practice surveyor visits to ensure survey readiness.
- Participate in the audit of new admission and routine visit charts and communicate required corrections to appropriate staff.
- Collaborate with MCPs on learning opportunities and support to staff.
- Take the lead role in new hire orientation and facilitate scheduling, completion of competencies, and required on-boarding documentation.
- Participate in performance improvement projects and provide data for completion of QAPI reports.
- Assess family satisfaction during supervisory visits, assist in identifying trends for improvement.
- Collaborate with Staff Development to effectively ensure that all clinical staff develop a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental elements of Home Health/Hospice, Medicare conditions of participation, reimbursement requirements, and the ability to navigate HMH policy and Lippincott procedure manuals.
- Other duties as assigned
- Other educational projects, as needed.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience in hospice and/or home health
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
- CHPN Certification (or obtained within one year of hire) or Oasis Certification (or obtained within one year of hire).
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Medical Assistant-Oncology Medical SpecialistHMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Registered Nurse On Call PD- Carrier ClinicHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Case Manager (East Mountain Youth Lodge) - Full TimeHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Registered Nurse- Behavioral Health- Acute Care Unit- P/T with benefits NightsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.