Registered Nurse-Intake-Wall Twp.-Per Diem
How have you impacted someone’s life today?
At Hackensack Meridian Health, our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
For further rewards offered, please visit www.TEAMHMH.COM
Process all assigned incoming Central Intake referrals. Accountable to ensure all referrals are clinically complete, efficient and accurate. Ensure open communication to operations. Liaison between physician offices and external facilities demonstrating customer service skills while assuring clinical documentation to support home care services referrals. Identify opportunities to further assist customer needs with home care services. Support growth of all product lines on a continuous basis.
- Process all referrals received from appropriate systems, via facsimile and phone utilizing team model. Clinically complete referrals efficiently and accurately. Process all referrals on a timely basis utilizing proper customer service skills.
- Assure communication between home care operations is timely and appropriate. Utilize tracking system to follow up on pending cases. Problem solve with staff on any pertinent patient referral issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of Medicare reimbursement criteria and insurance contracts for home care product lines. Ensure patients are informed about their payment responsibilities. Assure face to face completion and communication to operations.
- Act as liaison to physician offices, external facilities and hospitals utilizing customer service skills while assuring clinical documentation to support home care referrals. Receive all verbal orders for home care and oxygen orders when required for durable medical equipment (DME). Provide information to referral sources regarding programs and services available to meet customer needs.
- Promote and maintain awareness of home care services. Remain knowledgeable in all areas of home care services and the resources available to referral sources in the community, demonstrated by consistent growth of referrals.
- Submit team productivity reports. Work with other team leaders to assist when help is needed.
- Address clinical issues with manager and staff as needed.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH's Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 2 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Two (2) or more Years Recent Clinical Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Homecare Experience
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.