Regional Practice Administrator
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Under the direction of Director of Operations, responsible for planning, directing, implementing, evaluating, supervising and coordinating the overall operations of assigned physician practices and managing assigned projects related to physician practice management.
A day in the life of a Regional Practive Adminstator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Effective Leadership:
- Evaluates effectiveness of assigned practices and ensures manager accountability for operations.
- Assists in the recruitment of physicians and staff and develops new office sites.
- Plans effective, efficient use of physical, financial, and human resources in assigned areas.
- Establishes clear objectives tied to department and/or organizations strategic goals.
- Strategic Planning:
- Contributes to the strategic and long range planning activities to ensure success of the department.
- Contributes effective ideas to promote growth, profitability, improve team member and patient satisfaction, and quality initiatives.
- Finance Management:
- Develops, implements, and monitors annual budgets for assigned practices.
- Monitors variances regularly and operations are modified to ensure that financial targets are met.
- Conducts practice reviews including detailed review of profit and loss statement, incentive programs, and physician productivity.
- Works with the Director of Revenue Cycle Services to coordinate billing activities and ensure that billing policies are implemented in each practice.
- Practice Operations:
- Develops, updates and implements policies and procedures for the management of practices.
- Ensures policies and procedures are in place that maximizes ability to meet objectives and provide consistency in practice operations.
- Directs and manages the day-to-day operational activities of assigned group practices and ensures practices run effectively and efficiently according to policies and protocols.
- Human Resources Management:
- Manages and assists in the recruitment, development and supervision of practice leaders and team members.
- Coaches, counsels, evaluates practice managers performance, and manages disciplinary actions of direct reports.
- Maintains effective relationship with providers and works with them to ensure their contractual obligations are being met.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with key constituents, including physician leaders, chairmen, team members, hospital and care transformation leadership, through open collaboration and consistent communication.
- Process Improvement:
- Exhibits leadership and fosters commitment to continuous quality improvement of quality, safety and the human experience.
- Patient Satisfaction and Team Member Engagement:
- Manages team member interactions with patients, visitors and other team members.
- Resolves potential patient satisfaction issues.
- Manages an active, on-going process of improving patient satisfaction that is specific and measurable and submits regular progress reports to the director of operations.
- Creates and sustains an environment that fosters trust and team member engagement; works with managers to improve engagement.
- Works with the EMR project manager to coordinate practice conversions to EMR and assist with implementation.
- Professional Development:
- Develops personal career growth through active participation in professional groups, networking with peers locally and nationally.
- Maintains active membership in MGMA, ACHE, AMGA and/or other related associations and maintains current industry knowledge.
- Provides opportunities for and assistance with personal growth and career development of practice managers.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 4 year/Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or related health field.
- 3 years of experience in management physician practices.
- Strong computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Willingness to travel to any Hackensack Meridian Medical Group practice location.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's Degree in Business Management or related health field
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.