Regional Palliative Care Med Dir
Regional Medical Director
Hackensack Meridian Health
Wall, New Jersey
Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking a Regional Medical Director, Palliative Care, to join our organization. The position is located in Wall, New Jersey. This is an exciting opportunity to join at a pivotal moment for the Hackensack Meridian Health institutions with the evolving network of hospitals, scientific centers and medical school.
This is a flexible, team - based role that creates enormous satisfaction as the care and quality of life of seriously ill patients is impacted by palliative care. Meaningful relationships will be built with patients, their families, caregivers, and the team involved in the patient’s care to maximize value for some of the most vulnerable individuals in healthcare.
For immediate consideration, please submit your CV to Nancy Massa, at: Nancy.Massa@hackensackmeridian.org or call (732)751-3577.
The Regional Medical Director:
• Will have 5+ years of leadership experience.
• Will have overall accountability for clinical outcomes of palliative care delivered in twenty-one locations of palliative care in various settings within Hackensack Meridian Health’s Central and Southern regions: inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and home-based.
• Will also dedicate a portion of his/her time to providing direct palliative care consultations in various settings.
• Will be responsible for ensuring standardization of process and protocols throughout the central and southern regions, and be an integral part of a network-wide palliative care harmonization workgroup.
• Will supervise physicians and advanced practice and registered nurses, social workers and work with administrative team members to provide and coordinate medical care with the patient’s community physicians.
• Will provide support and direction for clinician recruitment, training, and deployment of a value - driven workforce aligned with Hackensack Meridian Health’s Vision and Mission.
The successful candidate will:
• Be board certified in palliative care and have a successful record of leadership. Capable of providing leadership for the integration of palliative care services throughout a growing network in New Jersey
• Perform palliative care consultations in person and using telemedicine
• Grow a collaborative program and lead a robust clinical program and exhibit a commitment to clinical excellence and innovation.
• Maintain overall accountability for clinical outcomes of the program in the central and southern regions, including hospital admission reduction, clinically appropriate hospice utilization, and appropriate risk stratification of patients
• Provide clinical supervision for other palliative care physicians in the assigned region as indicated
• Provide medical oversight for advance practice nurses
• Establish collaborative relationships through outreach with primary care physicians and other community providers and specialists in order to provide the best care possible that results in a cohesive coordinated approach to optimal care for each patient
• Support performance improvement projects, as identified, as well as advanced disease-specific certification by the Joint Commission
• Be responsible for developing and growing a collaborative multidisciplinary team
• Participate in clinical leadership and health plan partnership meetings
• Lead medical education programs including residency program support and post-graduate training for physicians, nurses and help to set the academic standards for teaching at Hackensack Meridian Health School of Medicine at Seton Hall.
• Lead innovation and discovery in the delivery and implementation of palliative care across the HMH Network
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.