Reception Coordinator-Orthopedic Oncology (Physician Practice) -Hackensack NJ
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Reception Coordinator welcomes all guests and coordinates the flow of patients.
A day in the life of a Reception Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Heath includes:
- Acts as a liaison for centralized complaints and utilizes innovative and analytical skills for problem solving and notifies appropriate supervisor or manager of issues as they arise to assure patient satisfaction.
- Refers patients, patient’s families and visitors to appropriate services and resources.
- Oversees reception area and coordinates initial patient flow.
- Coordinates additions to daily schedule and notifies appropriate areas/personnel within the department.
- Triages patients to the appropriate areas, directs patients to exam rooms and escorts to exam rooms.
- Answers phones and direct calls to proper department or personnel.
- Lifts a minimum of 2 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 10 lbs. and stands a minimum of 8 hours a day.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous clerical and reception experience required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.