Physical Therapist at Wall-- Per Diem
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Physical Therapist’s role is to evaluate, plan and implement a goal-oriented Physical Therapy treatment program that focuses on restoring function and preventing further disability as a result of trauma, disease, amputation, congenital defects, surgery and other debilitating illnesses. Provides an optimum environment for functional goal achievement. Utilizes interdisciplinary collaboration and available resources to provide care.
A day in the life of a Physical Therapist at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
- Gathers all information necessary to properly evaluate the patient’s needs, including testing and consultations with other health care professionals, as appropriate.
- Administers the evaluations in a manner appropriate to the patient’s disability, demonstrating respect for the patient’s needs.
- Incorporates evaluative findings in establishing time oriented functional and measurable short and long term goals.
- Develops an individualized program of treatment focused on identified patient needs.
- Participates in the ongoing development of the discharge plan that was initiated at the time of initial evaluation.
- Prepares written documentation such as Progress Notes, Reassessments and Discharge Summaries.
- Models and maintains a safe environment in which to deliver services and employs correct body mechanics during activities.
- Develops a rapport and mutual respect with the patient to foster an optimum environment for goal achievement.
- Provides the appropriate assistive/adaptive devices and durable medical equipment to the patient to improve his/her independence in function. Ensures the proper utilization and clinical appropriateness of the device/equipment and educates the patient and/or family about its use and safety.
- Demonstrates and implements appropriate treatment techniques and skills with patients. Provides appropriate judgment in ordering and measuring the patient for a prosthetic/orthotic device.
- Provides education to patients and/or families based upon the identified learning needs, in a manner that the patients and/or families can demonstrate their understanding.
- Must be a graduate of an APTA accredited program or equivalent
- Must have a current and valid Physical Therapy license in the State of New Jersey
- Preferred --have a current and valid BLS/CPR Certification by American Heart Association
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.