Patient Accounts Representative
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
***This is a Full-Time, Day shift position.
A day in the life of Patient Accounts Representative at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Responsible for electronic submission of hospital claims to Medicare, Medicaid and all third party payers and knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Must research all electronic edits to ensure CPT 4, ICD10 and revenue codes are appropriately assigned.
- Work all rejects and suspended claims in Nthrive/Xclaim claim scrubber.
- Knowledge of medical necessity and LCD/NCD edits.
- Good verbal and communication skills a must.
- Heavy contact with other Hackensack Meridian Health departments.
- Knowledge of excel, Medicare DDE system, Med Metrix and Healthcare Query preferred, Typing skills a must.
- Must be able to handle a large volume of claims.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Electronic hospital billing and UB04 claim processing.
- Medicare billing- MEDA-Medicare DDE System.
- CMS regulations/guidelines.
- Coding verification/changes.
- ICD10; REV codes; CPT Coding; Modifiers.
- Xclaim/NThrive knowledge and experience.
- Epic and Cerner Invision systems knowledge.
- Communication skills as heavy contact w/other Hackensack Meridian Health departments/employees.
- 3 years of healthcare billing experience in a hospital setting is preferred. In lieu of billing experience we are willing to substitute with an Associates/Bachelor’s Degree.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.