Manager, Human Resources, Site Ops
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The HR Manager for Site Operations serves as an HR partner for the site leadership team in the acute care hospital and in all assigned ancillary sites. This role will address day to day HR business issues / problems and serves as the contact and consultant for all leaders and non-leaders within the business units it supports. The HR Manager supports assigned clients with all HR services, programs and initiatives within assigned business unit, including employee and labor relations, performance management, leader development, engagement, compensation, benefits, wellness, talent acquisition, workforce planning, etc. The HR Manager is responsible for consulting with the business and COE's to develop effective solutions for addressing business concerns, workplace issues and corrective actions in accordance with HR policy and applicable laws. This role performs required tasks and initiatives, following the guidelines and procedures established, maintaining appropriate documentation and records, and delivering service in a professional and efficient manner with prompt assistance to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and an overall positive team member experience. Responsible for directly managing HR site team and for ensuring 2-way communication with the Regional/HR Director regarding HR priorities and issues requiring attention/support.
A day in the life of HR Manager for Site Operations at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Drive all HR programs and initiatives within assigned business units in employee and labor relations, organization development, talent management, performance management, leader development, engagement, benefits, wellness, talent acquisition, workforce planning and compensation. Includes consultation, training, administrative follow-up, as necessary.
- Lead and execute network HR initiatives and strategies to drive and support TM as well as business needs.
- Ensure compliance with HR policies and regulatory requirements for assigned business units. Educate and advise business leaders to help them understand impact and to help them make sound decisions.
- Participate and promote positive labor relations initiatives within non-union populations. For business unit with unionized populations, in collaboration with COE, participate and manage labor relations initiative including labor management meetings, grievances, RFIs, training, etc.
- Consult with leaders with recruitment and onboarding needs. Troubleshoot and develop strategies as needed.
- Partner with HR Director and COE teams to identify and deploy HR interventions to meet business requirements.
- Partner closely with local leadership and HR Director to refine organizational structure, operations and culture.
- Offer objective and balanced advice to leaders on employee relations and policy guidance. Ensure appropriate escalation to and engagement with Regional TMLR Manager as appropriate per operating guidelines.
- Partner with COEs to deploy HR programs (performance assessment & review, succession planning, development planning).
- Drive action planning and any climate surveys and report results/plan actions with leadership team.
- Deliver HR training for initiatives in a way that provides clarity around integration and business relevance.
- Work with local business executives and HR COEs to develop or modify strategies and programs to most effectively meet local business needs and culture; Identify and share root causes of HR issues with relevant HR COEs to help shape HR programs.
- Revise and localize job descriptions and compensation with Talent Acquisition and Compensation COEs.
- Uphold all compliance standards, including Joint Commission, Department of Labor, HR policies, CBAs, etc.
- Drive leadership and culture initiatives including annual Trust Index survey and survey action planning.
- Participate and present at site Leadership meetings and huddles.
- Develop presentations and prepare metrics in support of site businesses.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources Management or Business.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant Human Resources experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in at least two functions of HR- compensation, benefits, talent management, employee relations, performance management.
- Experience with all facets of Human Resources, including knowledge of employee relations, talent management, benefit and compensation administration, and legal compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations governing employment
- Effective leadership, team building, and change management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft, Success Factors, and iCIMS.
- Management experience.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- HR certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.