Manager, Clinical Systems Ancillary
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative environment, Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking talented professionals to implement and support innovative solutions & technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing creative, high quality, efficient and effective solutions. Come join the HMH team as we recently rolled out Epic throughout our network and are looking for top talent to support this implementation.
The Manager, Clinical Systems Anc has expert knowledge of clinical and administrative systems as well as significant understanding of other IT disciplines. Responsible for simultaneously managing multiple clinical systems projects. The scope of project management responsibilities includes hospital-wide teams of analysts, clinical project owners, physicians, nurses, patient care administrative and technical personnel, vendors, and implementation consultants. Incorporates the organization's strategic objectives in the management and evaluation of the organization's clinical and administrative information systems. Position will be located in the central NJ area.
HMH IT department has received many accolades from recognized organizations; including Most Wired and Fortune. Come join our winning IT team that was ranked as #1“Best Hospital IT Department” for the past two years by Health IT News.
A day in the life of a Manager, Clinical Systems Anc at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Integrates, coordinates and plans resources to achieve strategic goals via the management of clinical and administrative systems
- Organizes, manages and develops project team resources in order to effectively meet project commitments and business objectives
- Forms interdisciplinary project teams consisting of IT professionals, physicians, nurses, patient care administrative and technical staff to select and implement major clinical information systems
- Manages the design, acquisition, implementation and evaluation of administrative and clinical information systems. Integrate evidence-based medicine & practice and clinical guidelines into informatics solutions
- Develops and implements educational strategies to promote understanding of the information system life cycle. Assesses the need for and implements revision or development of policies or procedures as the system design evolves
- Incorporates regulatory requirements such as Value Based Purchasing, public reporting, CMS, Joint commissions and NJ Department of Health and Senior Services into the clinical system
- Projects resources required for system implementation and support
- Ensures the daily management, coordination, development, selection, and operation of applications software services within HMH and among HMH and its on-campus and remote patient care facilities
- Manages daily operations of Applications Analyst resources
- Provides consultative services to customers and information technology teams as to workflow processes and technological solutions
- Develops and presents oral and written communications to organizational leadership
- Develops and implements educational strategies to promote understanding of the information system life cycle. Manages and approves system, operational and departmental documentation, including policies and procedures. Synthesizes integrated workflows to improve procedures and process redesign
- Manages complex projects with minimal guidance
- Prepares cost analysis
- Advises the Director of the impact of new applications technology and its cost-effective deployment within the department
- Manages on-call support for clinical applicationsActs as resource for Applications Analysts.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years clinical experience
- 3 years Information Technology managerial or administrative experience.
- Epic Certification in clinical application
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Evidence of design of complex clinical systems
- Evidence of implementation of complex clinical systems
- Evidence of maintenance of complex clinical systems
- Advanced technical consultation and support
- Design specifications of complex clinical systems.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Project Management, CPHIMS, or Informatics Certification.
- LIS / Beacon experience preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.