How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Maintenance Mechanic does perform building repairs, as required and/or requested, in an efficient and timely manner for patient, guest, and Team Member health, safety, comfort and convenience. Work to be completed in accordance with established procedures and regulations, as directed by supervisor, including the Director of Environmental Services or designee.
A day in the life of a Maintenance Mechanic at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Work to be completed in accordance with established procedures and as directed by supervisor, including the Director of Maintenance or designee.
- Perform building repairs, as required, in an efficient and timely manner. Notifies supervisor concerning repair status, incomplete repairs, or need for further intervention beyond the Team Member's scope.
- Responds to and repairs maintenance requests, including but not limited to toilets, plumbing, beds, A/C & heating, lights, wheelchairs, small machines, and painting.
- Checks water temperature, fire, smoke.CO alarms, and safety/exit lighting.
- Checks and maintains safety equipment and provides full generator test support.
- Maintains all logs and reports as required by regulations or policy (e.g., preventative maintenance, inspection, safety, etc.)
- Duties refer to all areas of facility, such as: patient's rooms; living/recreational/common areas; waiting areas; entrance areas; stairwells; elevators; hallways; etc.
- Ensure patient's rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights are followed.
- Available for call-out as outlined in the CBS.
- Available for emergency work, including overtime and weekends.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Three years experience in Healthcare/LC environment doing maintenance work.
- Experience in light plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, painting, plastering.
- Must be able to work at heights, including ladder and roof.
- Must be able to operate and use all equipment and supplies in a safe and efficient manner consistent with their intended purpose so that equipment, facility property, and/or individuals are not damaged or injured.
- Must use good judgment in the performance or assigned duties and report any conditions that affect workload and/or assigned duties to supervisor.
- Safety oriented.
- Understanding of Federal, State, and local regulations and compliance.
- Must be able to work alternating weekends.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Computer skills
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.