Financial Analyst IV
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Financial Analyst IV is responsible for financial analysis projects and statistical studies. Projects may include evaluation of potential investments, acquisitions of applicable organizations and/or practices and development of assigned service line(s). Job responsibilities include all financial aspects of assigned service line(s); Hackensack Meridian Health's (HMH) goal to achieve growth through applicable acquisitions; development of applicable programs; prepare and report monthly financial statements, budget, audit coordination and internal controls compliance; build and maintain PeopleSoft general ledger; and support outsourced accounting functions.
A day in the life of a Financial Analyst IV at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Applies GAAP in carrying out core responsibilities of all assigned duties and special projects.
- Compiles and analyzes data regarding anticipated acquisitions, conducts due diligence, and uses this information to develop integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations regarding the impact of an acquisition or implementation, as well as analyze applicable service line(s) operational budgets.
- Assists in business integration strategies. Coordinates with outside independent valuation specialists on fair market value and commercial reasonableness of transactions.
- Performs budgeting financial forecasting. Analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses of assigned areas.
- Make recommendations on annual and operational budgets and submit monthly reports requested by the applicable administrators as well as management.
- Reports the monthly financial operations of assigned areas as appropriate to management.
- Completion of ledger accounts and financial statements and monthly variance reports.
- Performs general accounting function. Ensures financial information has been recorded accurately.
- Reviews intercompany transactions and accounting controls to ensure proper elimination of intercompany transactions upon consolidation with HMH.
- Prepares, complies, and reviews financial reports, tax returns, and survey information for internal, external, governmental, and non-governmental reporting.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Additional job functions specific only to those who work with Physician Services are:
- Independently handles projects including assigned areas of compensation modeling and benchmarking and maintains the integrity of the benchmarking database; reviews of, complex quarterly variable compensation as assigned; completes detailed contract review and summaries for distribution.
- Assists in the completion of business plans and feasibility studies as requested, including completion of profit and loss statements.
- Responsible for specified areas of the budget related to provider compensation and position control.
- This position coordinates the maintenance of the contract database system and labor distribution report tracking and use.
- Responsible for assigned revenue analytics, assigned areas of the revenue proof and specialty reporting including but not limited to CPC+, PCMH, and other clinical programs requiring specialized knowledge.
- This position will work on special projects for senior leaders as needed which will likely include revenue cycle analytics as well as implementation and/or conversion issues.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive experience in accounting &/or 5 years of public accounting.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of PeopleSoft General Ledger System.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Must be highly computer literate, including advanced use of Excel.
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves.
- Must be able to establish effective working relationships with Senior Management and Staff at all levels of the organization.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA).
- Experience in a multi-subsidiary.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.