Customer Service Representative
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for the customer satisfaction program.S/he is implements mechanisms to ensure the facility is responsive to patients and guest needs and that communication is effective and follow up is effectively completed.
A day in the life of a Customer Service Representative at Hackensack Meridian Health's Nursing and Rehab facilities include:
- Interprets and explains to patients and their families the philosophy, policies and procedures of the facility.
- Maintain open communication with patients and their families entering the Facility.
- Performs daily rounds to all new admit and patients on day of discharge.
- Implements tools and mechanisms to gather guest and patient complaints, investigates complaints, ensures proper follow up, trends complaint data, identifies problem areas and recommends solutions to senior division management.
- Identifies trends in ancillary department’s support/non-support of patient care, dietary, therapy, housekeeping, maintenance, etc.
- Designs and conducts appropriate training programs to increase staff knowledge and ability to deal effectively with customers and guests. Responds to managers requests for such training with timely and effective courses.
- Serves as Galaxy Committee representative for facility
- Implement a process to communicate compliments to leadership and physicians.
- Seeks and obtains recognition from outside quality and customer satisfaction award organizations as appropriate.
- Serves as key participant on Performance Improvement Team and other facility committees as assigned
- Participates on facility committees as requested.
- Assists Administrator in developing and updating goals and objectives for Customer Service Program.
- Maintains required records, reports, statistics, etc.
- Regular contact with Team Members, patients, patients’ family/significant others, visitors and local community.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's Degree
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Multitasking and organizational skills
- Time-management skills
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.