Chaplain- Home Care- Hospice- Wall, NJ- Per Diem
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our full- and part-time benefit eligible team members by offering a Total Rewards package including comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401(k) match and Tuition Reimbursement. Per Diem team members are eligible to participate in the 401(k) match and Travel Reimbursement. At www.TeamHMH.com, you’ll find the information, resources and tools that will help you to be successful at HMH. From great benefits and innovative wellness programs, to robust learning and development opportunities, we continue to cultivate an exceptional work environment where you can do the kind of work that leads to fulfillment and professional growth.
- Complete initial spiritual assessment within 24 hours of contact on all assigned patients. Contact all patients/families within one week of the date of patients admission to Hospice services.
- Assure documentation of assessment, interventions and planning meet organization time line. Update care plans every two weeks or with patient change in status.
- Perform and arrange funeral services as requested by patients/families. Assist in the organization of memorial service/s for staff and families each year.
- Seek out and listen to customers¿ (patients/families) views in order to ascertain their concerns/needs.
- Recognize grievance situations. Interact with customer/patient in a constructive way. Log complaints when received. Manage complaints according to organization procedure. Provide spiritual care and support to patients/families in accordance with their needs, regardless of race, gender, religious background or lifestyle. Provide additional resources to patients/families as needed.
- Work with staff, clergy and community groups to enhance their sensitivity to the spiritual concerns of patients/families experiencing terminal illness and loss. Participate in weekly team meetings and provide input on current patients. Provide one education session per year to Hospice staff.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. Demonstrate flexibility with job responsibilities in all areas as well as exhibit an understanding and ability to complete Hospice Consents.
- Adheres to HMHs Organizational competencies and standards of behavior. 11. Lifts a minimum of 10 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 10 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors Degree
- Ordination from a Recognized Religious Body into a Ministry-related Field
- Completion of Four (4) Units of Clinical Pastoral Education
- Six (6) Months Experience
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Masters of Divinity Graduate or Doctoral Degree in Biblical Studies
- Theological or Spiritual Studies
- Graduate or Doctorate in Pastoral Counseling
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.