Access Service Rep Pd
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our access service teams are focused on improving the patient and guest experience by providing the highest levels of patient focus, guidance and process excellence each and every day. You will be working with our patients and their families to create and maintain accurate electronic records while assisting them in navigating and interpreting financial and insurance information along the way. This role will allow you to apply your skills and competencies while building your career within New Jersey’s premier health-care system.
The Access Service Representative is responsible for providing assistance and guidance to patients/customers in need of general department information.
- S/he provides clerical and telephone support to the department and performs computer input of records.
- S/he assists customers in interpreting financial/insurance data and in the completion of appropriate forms and/or paperwork
High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Some college and/or medical terminology education is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience within health-care registration and/or scheduling is preferred.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to navigate multiple systems simultaneously with complete accuracy of data entries are required.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is preferred.
- Proficiency with insurance eligibility/authorization systems is preferred.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients, their families and their caregivers, an acute attention to detail, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
- Must be able to maneuver bedside mobile workstation.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.