Reception Coordinator - Full Time - Day
The Reception Coordinator welcomes all guests and coordinates the flow of patients.
- Acting as a liaison for centralized complaints and utilizing innovative and analytical skills for problem solving and notifying appropriate supervisor or manager of issues as they arise to assure patient satisfaction.
- Referring patients, patient’s families and visitors to appropriate services and resources.
- Overseeing reception area and coordinates initial patient flow.
- Coordinating additions to daily schedule and notifying appropriate areas/personnel within the department.
- Triaging patients to the appropriate areas, directing patients to exam rooms and escorting to exam rooms.
- Answering phones and directing calls to proper department or personnel.
- Lifting a minimum of 2 lbs., pushing and pulling a minimum of 10 lbs. and standing a minimum of 8 hours a day.
- Identifying the needs of the patient population served and modifying and delivering care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adhering to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- Having regular contact with Medical Center personnel, patients and visitors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Previous clerical and reception experience is required
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.