Responsible for providing professional rehabilitation therapy to patients in their home through evaluation, development and implementation of individual goal-oriented therapy programs in accordance with organization policies and procedures and external organizations.
- Patient Evaluation – Complete patient evaluation within the specified time frame and assure it contains data that is reflective of a complete, holistic assessment of the client’s condition.
- Treatment Planning – Develop an individualized treatment program based on the evaluation findings focusing on time-oriented, functional and measurable short and long-term goals.
- Report Management – Prepare appropriate system documentation, such as progress notes, reassessments and discharge summaries according to policy and procedures. Assure that progress notes and reassessments reflect skilled care and monitor the patient’s status and progress towards goal achievement.
- Case Documentation – Assure documentation is precise. Assure documentation is submitted in a timely manner and supports the need for continued skilled care in the home.
- Plan of Care Maintenance – Assure that service delivery follows the frequency an duration on the physician’s plan of care for the client.
- Coordination of Services – Act as liaison among physician, MCP and other members of the health care team to ensure effective coordination, appropriate resource referral, and utilization of home health aide services.
- Physician Therapy Assistant (PTA) Supervision – Act as a supervising therapist to the PTA. Assess the ability of the PTA to perform the selected interventions as directed on an ongoing basis. Assure co-signatures are performed within regulatory timeframes.
- Home Program Maintenance – Educate the patient and/or caregiver in a written home program. Submit a copy of the program for the medical record according to policy.
- Instruction of Patient and/or Caregiver – Provide comprehensive education to patients and/or caregivers based upon their identified needs in a manner that they are able to understand.
- Delivery of Care – Develop a rapport and mutual respect with the patient to foster an optimum environment for goal achievement. Implement the treatment plan utilizing correct and appropriate clinical skills and techniques. Independently meet productivity requirements on a consistent basis.
- Discharge Planning – Participate in discharge planning throughout the patient’s course of care. Address problem areas appropriately.
- Scheduling – Complete scheduling requirements timely and accurately by updating and submitting new and changed schedules through appropriate system applications.
- Correspondence – Respond to voice mail and messages in a timely manner.
- Case Communication – Document case communication with other members of the health care team as appropriate throughout the patient’s course of care utilizing secure messaging through appropriate application.
- Discharge Documentation – Assure the discharge summary indicates the patient’s current status, outcomes achieved and recommendations for further services or interventions.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. Demonstrate flexibility with job responsibilities in all areas.
- Adheres to HMH’s Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Current and valid New Jersey occupational therapy license is required
- CPR certification by American Heart Association is preferred
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.