Mgr, Med Rec & Patient Intake-Full Time-Day
The Mgr, Med Rec & Patient Intake is responsible for planning and organizing the daily function and supervision of JTCC medical record activities, including scanning, QA, indexing, audits and performance improvement. The Mgr, Med Rec & Patient Intake also has oversight of all JTCC Patient Intake and Radiation Oncology clerical staff and is responsible supervision of all Intake flow for Medical and Radiation Oncology.
- Manages operation by overseeing the Intake process for Medical Records and Radiation Oncology including: a. Entry into the EMR of new patient demographics. b. Insurance coverage. c. Scheduling of tests where applicable. d. Medical records collection. e. Scheduling consultations. f. Follow-up for the physicians.
- Ensures that Intake staff maintain compliance with the JTCC first appointment time frame policy of 5 days.
- Coordinates coverage for the Medical Records, Patient Intake and Radiation Oncology clerical staff, cross training staff to assure proper coverage.
- Responsible for training of all the above clerical staff, including all aspects of telephone contact and proper messages retrieval, record and verify system regarding physician's consultations and follow-up, diagnostic testing utilizing EPIC, On Base and ICD-10 coding.
- Works closely with physicians, nursing, technical staff, and department management to ensure proper flow intake and records for all patients.
- For Radiation Oncology, coordinates transcription services with the RCCA office manager to assure timely filing of dictation notes and scanning. Makes ongoing evaluations for staffing needs in order to prevent delays in outgoing mail to referring physicians and other healthcare facilities until paperless process is implemented with electronic EMR.
- Supervises the preparation of charts (both on paper and electronically) and monitors the process for completeness by all clerical staff.
- Responsible for establishing policies, hiring and termination of staff, and performance reviews.
- Prepares for state inspections and research audits on medical record documentation to ensure all records are current and complete.
- Ensures that all staff are in compliance with all JTCC and HMH quality initiatives and in compliance with all regulatory and accrediting body requirements.
- Keeps accurate lot of charts and port films stored in offsite facility.
- Coordinates all requests for release of information from patients to their physicians, outside facilities, legal office and research centers following HIPAA guidelines.
- Communicates with staff through group meetings and individual conferences on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for all maintenance repairs for office equipment, phone installations and repairs, and computer technology in the clerical office.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational & Managerial Competencies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience.
- 5 or more years of experience supervising medical personnel.
- 5 or more years of oncology experience.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.