LPN Admission Liaison- Home Care Hospice-Woodland Park- F/T
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home and hospice care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Visiting Health Services of New Jersey (VHSNJ), a partnership between Hackensack Meridian Health and St. Joseph's Health, provides a comprehensive continuum of home health care and hospice services, support, and resources to patients and families in Passaic, Bergen, and parts of Morris counties. The VHSNJ multi-disciplinary clinical and support teams provide high quality care to patient’s where they most want to be-in their homes.
At Visiting Health Services of New Jersey and Hackensack Meridian Health, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
A day in the life of Hospice Admission Liaison at VHSNJ includes:
- Check system for new referrals; speak with physicians/floor nurses regarding obtaining hospice orders for information/consults; educate physicians, case managers, nursing staff and other health care professionals on the benefit of hospice services; contact families and provide education on hospice care and the referral process; obtain any information Hospice Services may need to complete the referral process; keep track of referrals that may not be ready for hospice either by disease process or by desire for end of life care; periodically re-evaluate the patient care needs and appropriateness for Hospice Services.
- Responsible for the collection of clinical data related to the admission criteria. Review document sent from Intake Department and supplement as needed; review referrals, confer with physicians, case managers, nursing staff, families, patients and any other relevant health care professional in order to identify potential patients who would benefit from hospice services; complete a comprehensive review of the medical record in order to qualify a patient for hospice per CMS criteria.
- Assist physicians with orders/prescriptions for the hospice patient on discharge when needed; turn referral over to MCP once referral is obtained, informational done and family/patient have decided they wish to receive hospice services; assist with discharge to hospice as requested by MCP (i.e., ordering equipment, medications).
- Participate in orientation, quality improvement/performance improvement activities and educational programs as needed. Maintain a level of practice through participation in educational programs/in-services in areal of clinical practice, as well as staff training meetings, community and professional educational programs.
- Document evaluation of patient in a timely and accurate manner. Communicate pertinent patient information to appropriate staff (i.e., physician, case manager) and document in the medical record.
- Review referral log on a daily basis, update as indicated and update reason for non-admission; follow up on pending referrals identified by the MCP; perform hospice evaluation visits on the phone or in the field as needed; obtain required information to complete referral process; assure patient’s right to privacy and confidentiality are respected at all times.
- Act as an advocate for clients, supporting the clients’ values. Maintain professional standards of care and practice, which provide for safe and effective patient outcomes, in all clinical judgments/critical thinking. Assure clinical judgment reflects professional standards through documentation and case conference.
- Report any patient issues/problems to primary nurse or nursing management personnel with possible solutions. Assure appropriate documentation is evident in the clinical record.
- Assure assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient care are reflective of policy, procedures and standard of care. Measure by complete and accurate documentation.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Graduate of LPN Program
- One (1) to Two (2) Years Healthcare Experience
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Hospice Experience
- N.J. LPN License
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.